A Beautiful Haunting Part 1 | Teen Ink

A Beautiful Haunting Part 1

Chapter 1: Love at first sight?

The sky was dark, ugly, and melancholy. The wind blew the remaining leaves
off the bare trees. The sound of tires coming up the gravel road could be heard from inside the manor. Minh Ah stared out the clear barrier that separated her from the outside world.

The car came to a stop in front of the manor. The new owner stepped out of
the car and looked at his new surroundings. Minh Ah took a deep breath, then made her way down the staircase. She stopped before her nose hit the door. She took in a deep breath, calmed her nerves, and opened the door.

“Welcome to the manor,” she said with a fake smile on her face. She bowed politely not bending too far down.

“No need to bow in my presence,” said the stranger.

She straightened her posture and took notice of her new master. His hair was dark and clean cut, just like his suit. His eyes were a deep beautiful brown. His smile could win the hearts of millions. His complexion was pure and there was no hair to be found anywhere on his face.

He looked back at her. Her bright, beautiful, brown eyes locked onto his. Her bright, beautiful, long hair danced in the wind. The scent of her perfume drove him insane. They held each others gaze. For a moment, it was silent. The silence was broken when the door of the car slammed. Another door creaked open and the air was filled with laughter and joy.

Then there was a sound like no other. Clicking and clacking on the gravel below. It drew closer and closer. The sound was familiar but couldn’t be made out. She looked in the direction and saw a beautiful older woman, maybe in her late thirties. The sound of her heels got louder, as she drew closer.

I'm writing a novel.