True Love | Teen Ink

True Love

February 7, 2008
By Anonymous

Oohh,Ahh.Lucky her.Hi, I'm Shanell carson and you may be wondering who `she' is. Well I'm referring to Katie Mason, my ex-friend.I really don't know what happened to us. I mean during the summer, we were two peas in a pod, but after we started High school (9th grade) we split up, and she got the better end. Now she's popular and dating the hottest guy in school, David Montgomery .I think he likes her too, but I'm not so sure. Last week, he seemed to be ignoring her and all she can think about is "me,me,me". It makes me sick.I swear if she had a choice of staring at herself in a mirror or going on a date with him ,she would choose the mirror. I'm hoping someone will notice me soon, for my life seemes to be a tragedy since Katie and I aren't friends any more.David's coming!It's just fortunate enough for me that my locker is right next to his. I open my locker and pretend to look for my algreba book. He glances at me just as I'm turning my head to look at him.Immediatly I think "snap!" but he smiles and says "wow,you sure have alot of Brainathon awards(did I mention I'm a nerd?)I don't know what to say, so I just nod my head. Before I could shut my loker, he pulls it open again "wow,is that for science?'' he asks, 'yeah'. He let's go of my locker. He looks nervous as he hesitates to ask, 'Do you tutor?. My mouth dropped open, and all I could think was, 'what!'. Luckily that's not what I said, instrad I forced myself to say 'yes'. Then the next minute it seemed like a blurr. He leaned over, kissed my cheek, and flew back down the hall, only to leave me staring in confusion. The next day word got out about what had happened. At first, I thought it was the kiss, but later I found out that David had dumped Katie for me! This was unbelievable. After school, I asked David if it was true. David in a very tone of voice said yes. I was so estatic. I did not know what to do or say. I stood there frozen like a popsicle.He came near to me, hugged me and whispered, 'Happy Valentine's Day' in my ear. I was so happy. This was the day I was waiting for.