Im Sorry | Teen Ink

Im Sorry

By booknerd96 BRONZE, Colfax, California
booknerd96 BRONZE, Colfax, California

Dear Family,

First of all I need to say that I love you and that I miss you. There is not a day that goes by when I don't think of you guys. I didn't want to leave, but I had to, I had no choice. You've probably been wondering where I've been in the last couple months but I can't tell you where I am.

I think you must be angry with me. Sometimes I'm even angry at myself too. But it needed to be done. Not only for my sake, but for yours as well. I know this will come a shock for you, and most likely you won't believe me, but that's ok. As long as the truth is out there.

I guess technically I'm a superhero, at least that's what people call me. I have superpowers, plain and simple. I can read minds, control water and fire and I have telekinesis. I can manipulate time, go invisible, and I have super strength. Probably more that I don't even know about. Now don't blame yourselves for not knowing, for not figuring it out. I worked severally hard, for no one finding out. Sometimes, it took every core of my being, to not scream and tell someone, anyone. I learned that the hard way. But I knew it couldn't happen like that again.

Do you know in the Percy Jackson books, when a demigod realizes who he/she really is? And that realization makes them more in danger of monsters finding them and killing them. Basically it's like that. If I tell someone my secret, they die. Simple as that.

Do you remember my friend Claire? I do. It was all my fault that she got murdered. I told her my secret, and the next day she was murdered, and I was there when her life was ended. That's what happens. I'm a curse and so I left. I can't bear the thought if I caused another person's life to be gone forever. I have enemies. Enemies, who would love to see me hurt in any way, just like I've hurt them with my powers.

So I'm hiding. Maybe someday, it'll be safe for me to come back. But for now, I'm constantly on the run, never far ahead from the people who want me dead. I'm not sure if it's safe for me to send this letter, and I don't know if I ever will. But just keeping it close to me, makes me feel stronger, more complete. But in the case that you guys do receive this letter, remember that you are always in my heart.
Love,
Christy