Guardian Angel | Teen Ink

Guardian Angel

March 25, 2012
By butterflyflower09 BRONZE, Cyclone, West Virginia
butterflyflower09 BRONZE, Cyclone, West Virginia
2 articles 2 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore."
~ André Gide
"Here's to the crazy ones. The misfits. The rebels. The trouble-makers. The round heads in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status-quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify, or vilify them. But the only thing you can't do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world, are the ones who do. "
~ Jack Kerouac


Wondrous light spread through her wings as she knelt down to put her hand on my shoulder. As she wiped the tear that made its way down to the middle of my check. She smiled politely. Who was she? Did I know her? As if reading my mind she said, "Come with me and you will see." I was battered and bruised not only on the outside but the inside as well, not knowing where I would end up next. Without questioning I followed the woman who led me to a large opening of nothing but green pastures, and in the center of this field sat a weeping willow tree. She stopped and looked at me with sincere eyes and said, "This is your tree." I gave her a questioning look, but the whole persona of her made me think I've seen her angelic face before. "I come here to feel your sorrow," she said speaking gently. She began again. "You see," as she touched the bare part of the tree, "All the bark that is missing from this tree, is the scars within your heart."
"But why are you here? What is your name, " I said speaking coolly.
"I am here to help you. I am Ella your guardian angel," she said with a smile that seemed to take all of her might. She then took my hands in hers and said, "Find me in your dreams and I will help heal your wounded heart" She wiped away the final tear that fell from my eye, but it was as if I had frozen time. This is the time in my life where things has a way of turning out, that everything happens for a reason. I look down at myself and it appears that my wounds have been healed, but she took my burdens with her. Looking back, when she smiled that is why it took all of her might. She took my pain away. As my thoughts disappeared, her wings began to rise upward and she didn't look back, leaving me alone and in a cloud of confusion. I finally whispered, "Thank you..."


The author's comments:
My mom and I and a couple of family members had went to the park where I found myself sitting under a tree writing this piece. It's a very inspiring piece to me, mainly because even if you don't think so, everything does happen for a reason. Also, there will always be a person there for you to help heal your wounds.