Suicide love | Teen Ink

Suicide love

March 18, 2012
By Jasmiinhope GOLD, Cloquet, Minnesota
Jasmiinhope GOLD, Cloquet, Minnesota
19 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
What if you could lose weight by feeling pain? Do you know how skinny i would be?


At first, I’m lying there, in my bed, eyes getting harder and harder to keep open, and in the next second, I’m standing on my porch checking my messages. ‘You have one new message: Hey love, it’s me ******. I was thinking of you so I figured I would call. I’m with my mom, she says hi . Ha-ha, I think she’s going to kill me with all the vodka she’s giving me. Anyways, I love you, call me back, bye.
I stood there listening to the message once more, just to hear his soft, calming voice again, like music, that puts a baby to sleep. Every time I saw ******, my heart would beat like thunder in a severe weather storm. And every time I kissed him my legs would go numb. His embrace was never lasted long enough. I missed him so much….
The next day on my way to school I stop at the newsstand to read the paper. It had made headline news: 16 year old boy from Killeen Texas dies of alcohol poisoning.
I didn’t even read the rest, I knew that if I read it, it would be too much to handle, so I run, and run, and I don’t stop running without stopping, not knowing where I was going.
Then all of sudden I was standing on a street corner before a police comes up to me and told me to come with him, but I just stood there not even taking in what the police officer was saying, I just stood there, expressionless.
The next day I decided that I would kill myself. I wanted it to be public, and so a thought came to mind. The concert. The concert next month. The band was making a grand entrance on a train. The whole city would be there, Maybe even the whole Ramsey county, this was going to be the last time they played. Supposedly they where going to be singing during their grand entrance. My death was set.
11:50 PM. I sat in the car in my nicest dress. the same dress I wore the first dance I danced to with *****. The same dress I wore when we had our first kiss. I remembered it too clearly. It had felt like two million baby butterflies all flying around in my stomach. I had felt like I was floating. Nothing mattered but us.
11: 57. I’m standing at the gates, ticket in hand. 11:58. I stand next to the rail road tracks. Security is starting to clear the rail road but I go hide in the woods on the other side. Now Security where closing off the gates so no one got too close to the tracks, and in about ten seconds it would have just enough electricity running through it to give some one a harmless but painful shock.
11:59. The train was coming. I could hear the same song me and ***** first danced to. ***** I’m coming. people start to scream when they see me in the trains head light. I can hear the ticking of the electric fence. The Security is scrambling to turn it off so they can get to me.
12:00. Everything happens at once. When the ticking stopped, another voice came. A soft calming voice, like music that puts a baby to sleep. At the same moment I looked to my left and saw ***** running towards me, three feet away. But it was too late. The second that the train stood where I stood I was on the ground. I looked up. ***** was on top of me staring at me with eyes of relief and bewilderment. It was him. He saved me. I had thought he was dead this whole time and now he was lying there right next to me. He leaned his head close to my ear and whispered something. “It wasn’t me”
Then all of a sudden I was in my room. But I wasn’t in my bed. Nelson was holding me, rocking me back and forth. He looked at me and smiled.
“I promise, that I won’t die without you, ever again”.
“Dido”


The author's comments:
This never happened