NYC | Teen Ink

NYC

January 21, 2008
By Anonymous

Born and bred in the city, I always feel the safest in the heart of a metropolis. There’s something oddly comforting about the flashing lights and glassy sheen of soaring sky scrapers. Because I live in suburban Georgia I feel like I’m missing a part of me. That part is the city and everything about it, diversity, energy and life. After I finish high school I plan on moving to the bustling Big Apple.

Along with moving to New York City and starting a new life there, I want to attend the Manhattan School of Music. After graduating from the school, I want to become a musician, and eventually play in the New York Philharmonic. While doing that, I would also like to take a few courses in culinary arts and forensic science.

Once an established musician, I want to take a trip across the country, visiting every quirky truck stop along the way. I want to see the Atlantic Ocean at three in the morning, and take in the salty air one breath at a time. When I’ve completed my journey from sea to shining sea, I want to have a scrapbook thick with pictures, memories, and people I will never forget no matter if I live to be forty or one hundred.

Somewhere in between all of that, I want to meet my soul mate. That one person I can feel completely at ease with. The man I’ll walk Fido with every morning until I can’t walk anymore. The guy who will be so perfect he’ll leave my head spinning. If I can find him, I’ll be complete.