Goodbye

The crisp air slaps my cheek as I walk through the dark, snowy landscape of my school. Tears sting my eyes. I try to wipe them away, ashamed of myself. Ashamed of who I was and am. Its only been a day since the accident yet I still felt the fresh pain of death happening before my eyes. The sounds of bones crunching, screaming, and finally... silence. I never knew who they were or what lives they lead, I didn't know these people, yet I wept for them day and night as if I had. I feel a heavy object smack me in the head and fall down. The lst thing I saw before I blacked out was a bright pair of headlights. I wake to the smell of salt and rust filled my nose. I slowly put my hand to my head. Blood. I turn my head to see the object that hit me. grimcing at the pain it caused me. It was a beer bottle. I burry my head into the snow scream in anguish. I couldn't feel my legs. I couldn't feel anything other than pain and anguish. I slowly get up only to fall. I could not continue so I musterd enough streagnth to get onto the road. I laid there just staring at the stars. It was the last thing I saw.