Moon Shadows | Teen Ink

Moon Shadows

I’m running through the shadows of a dark forest, my feet barely hit the ground with each agonizing step. My heart pounding in my ears, louder then I ever thought possible. There was only one thought going through my mind that replayed over and over again. I love you. I want to see you one last time. I know he could hear me, but it wasn’t enough. I had to see him. I looked at the cloudless sky. The full moon shown down on my path, I know he is in werewolf form, but I have to tell him face to face one more time.
I concentrate on my path and where I am going. I knew he would be hidden in the darkest place. I turn left and run for the thickest part of the forest for a while. Darkness surrounds me and I freeze. He is here. I know it.
A large claw strikes my back, tearing my shirt open, pushing me to the ground. Blood stings on my back like fire. It was him. Has he already forgotten himself? He kicks me, sends me flying through the air and into a tree sliding down, shooting pain through my body. He picks me up by the neck and throws me again. I scream and he freezes.
“Stop, please” I whispered.
We had moved closer to the light, and I could see his black eyes horrified with what he had done. Not knowing it was to me. He still looked as wild as ever in his shaggy werewolf form. I stood up leaning on a tree for support and winced at the horrible pain. He backed away ready to run, but I leapt for him and fell to the ground. I tried to get up but just fell back down again. He just stared at me. He didn’t believe I would do this for him.
“I still love you, Derrick, more than you will ever know.” I mutter staring into his eyes. Then he ran. I knew I would never see him again, but one last good-bye was all I asked for.

on Dec. 3 2008 at 1:13 am
Lauren! That was awesome! I remeber when you wrote that! It was always so inspiring!