For Her | Teen Ink

For Her

April 14, 2008
By Anonymous

It was a rainy day in New York City, it has been raining since last week. I haven’t gone anywhere for seven days. She called me and said that she was going to come over but I didn’t say anything. Three hours later she called me again and said “I’m at the gas station by your house, can you come over?” I came over and saw her standing there with a little sweater on she seemed cold, I wanted to hug her but I can’t. I walked over there and told her I don’t want to see her anymore, she seemed confused but then I told her, “I’ll take you to the train station so you can go back to Maine.” She was just standing there waiting for me to share my umbrella with her but I walked away with a cold face as a really cold day in Antarctica.

We were on our way to the train station then she said, “Can we go to the park that we use to go.” Then I took her there without any word out of my mouth. When we got there she went to the tree that we wrote on two years ago, on that tree we wrote “Chris and Ashley Forever.” She kept looking and looking, and then she said, “Chris it’s not there anymore what happened to it?” I walked away and said, “Let’s go” and gave her a cold face and a silent voice.


When we were in the car, she started talking about two years ago when we met in college. She was talking about how when I saw her the first time I tripped over myself and fell down. Then I asked her on a romantic date. I took her to a fancy restaurant and we had our first dance and first kiss at that restaurant. One year later I found out that I had cancer but I didn’t want her to know. I knew that she would get hurt if she found out. When she was talking about two years ago I just sat there and did nothing.
“You should go home and never come over here again because I like another girl.” I said.
She started crying and said, “Why are you being like this, two years ago you were different and now you’ve changed a lot.”
I just kept my mouth shut and said nothing and took her to the train station. She didn’t want to get out of the car.
“GET OUT.” I said.
“Why?” She asked
“Because I don’t want to see you anymore.” I replied
She started crying again and said “I will never forget the days we were together.”
Then she got off the car and went inside to the train station.


Two months later a letter came to Ashley’s house, it was from Chris, and Ashley opened it and read it. The letter read:



Dear Ashley,
I love you to death but I don’t want to hurt you because I know that you would be sad if I told you that I had cancer a year ago. All I have to say is I Love You. You can find another better man than me, a man that won’t hurt you. Well take care. Don’t be sad because of me, I had hurt you to much.






Love,






Chris




When she finished reading the letter Ashley was crying and now she realized that Chris still loved her and he was lying about all the things when she came over to see him.
Its was too late to realize because Chris is now far away from her. One is still alive and one has already died.