A Day in The Life | Teen Ink

A Day in The Life

March 12, 2012
By Beargrills SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
Beargrills SILVER, Centerville, Iowa
9 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"I murdered a rock, I injured a stone, I could hospitalize a brick, I'm so mean I could make medicine sick." - Muhammad Ali


This morning I woke up at seven, which is pretty normal for me and I also waited most of my morning to figure out if anyone was going to call me to hang out. No call, same boring routine. I'm pretty sure I'm a popular guy but I never hear from my friends on the weekends. Life sucks, I know! Though I do have a girlfriend, so at around one p.m. I head over to her house like any other day, but when she answers the door she is giggling then looks up at me and has a sudden look of shock. She said to me, “Taylor, we need to talk. This isn't working out.” I'm sure you're familiar with the rest of the conversation, after that awkward scene I get in my car and drive to my good friend Denny's house. Denny is like me.. AKA; boring, average, semi-good looking, skinny, but he has something I don't have. That's lots of money, I'm middle class. Denny and I hang out for most of the day until his girlfriend calls him and tells him she has a surprise for him, so Denny asks me to leave. I completely understand that. It's about 7 p.m. As I'm eating dinner with another friend when I get a phone call from my mother, she's crying and I seem to make out the words, “your father packed his bags and left us.” Grrrreat, this day can only go uphill I think.. boy was I wrong. After dinner, I sit in my car to collect myself so I don't go overboard and kill someone. As I take off, my phone dies... awesome. I make it about two miles down the road when my '81 Honda starts sputtering and comes to a stop.. It begins to pour down rain.. I think I'm just going to get out, push my car to the side of the road, and go to sleep in my car. Might as well. Then I hear honking and I look up and it's a tour bus for an all-girls college asking me if I broke down and if I needed a ride. I crack a smile and take them up on their offer. :)