Vampire vs. Vicky | Teen Ink

Vampire vs. Vicky

April 11, 2008
By Anonymous

I was running around the clearings behind my boyfriend, Jake’s house. It was a mostly cloudy day outside, which Chris, Jake’s brother, enjoyed being that he was a vampire. I ran into Jake’s two vampire sisters in the clearing. They were both the same height, but everything else was different. The one on my left, Karoline, had long black shimmering hair. She was wearing a pair of designer brown pants with a matching pink sweater. Then there was the playful Mari on my left. She had medium-length brown hair that was up in a ponytail. Her eyes were her usual blood-red color. She was wearing a pleaded pink and brown skirt with a brown sweater. They were showing off until I came into their sight.

“Where is Jake?” I asked curiously.

“He should be in Chris’ clearing,” Mari said warily

“I think he needed to talk to you,” Karoline added.

“Okay, I’ll see you later,” I replied. They waved to me as I walked through some branches to reach Chris’ clearing. It was a magnificent place, which I loved to visit. The flowers were always in bloom and the foliage was in its place. It reflected how perfect Chris was, but sometimes his anger got the best of him.

I saw Chris chasing Jake. Chris could be a monstrous vampire at times, but most of the time he kept his anger under control. Even when he was dangerous, he was always gorgeous. His hair was a shimmery black color that was always in a perfect messy style. His clothes were always designer and perfect. Today he had a pair of black pants on with a matching black sweater. I was able to see the collar of the white dress shirt he wore under the sweater. Jake was always perfect in my mind. Today his hear was a mess but I guessed that was because of him running away from Chris. He was wearing a sweatshirt from our school and a pair of jeans.

Chris finally caught Jake after about ten minutes, which was a long time for Chris. He pinned Jake against a tree. I knew what he was going to do. Chris smiled showing all of his perfect white shinning teeth. I could not do much to stop Chris this time. I tried yelling stop but it did not help. Chris just looked over at me with a compassionate look. I walked closer to Jake and Chris so I could hear what they were saying.

“Why shouldn’t I bite you?” Chris yelled into Jake’s face.

“Because I don’t deserve it,” Jake pleaded.

“What the hell, you deserve living in a damned human body more than I do.”

“No I don’t, you were dying, and that was all that was going to save you.”

“Well you have a choice. Either die or turn into a vampire.”

“What about Vicky?”

“I’ll take care of her don’t worry. I’ll turn her into a vampire, just like me, and we will go off and live in a place far away from here.”

I gasped and tried to walk away but my feet didn’t move from their spot. It was as if they were glued to the ground. I never agreed to being turned into a vampire. I wanted to stay a human as long as I could.

“No, I won’t let that happen!” Jake yelled at Chris.

“What are you going to do against me? I am a hundred times stronger than you will ever be.”

“I don’t know what I am going to do. Just don’t do anything to Vicky please. She has too much going for her.”


“Fine, but then I get to kill you.” The next thing I felt was two strong arms around me. They were his sister’s arms.

“Let me go!” I demanded.

“Sorry but we can’t do that. Chris wants you to see this,” Karoline said to me. They moved me even closer to where Jake and Chris were standing. I had a front row seat that I didn’t want.

“Jake, say goodbye to Vicky.” Chris said calmly.

“Bye Vicky, I’m sorry,” he started to cry.

“Chris, isn’t there a better way to do this than kill your own brother?” I asked him.

“No, Vicky, I’m sorry but Jake did this to himself.” I was confused.

“Bye Jake,” I said reluctantly. I started to cry. Chris opened his mouth wider than I’ve ever saw. His two small fangs were dripping with venom. It was scaring me too much.

Chris leaned to Jake’s neck. “NO!” I yelled. It didn’t help. He leaned in more pressing he lips to Jake’s neck. Jake started to scream and I started to cry even more. Chris did not pull away until Jake stopped screaming. He walked away leaving his brother’s lifeless in front of me. I was able to see blood running down Chris’s chin. His sisters let me go after I tried to break their grasp.

I ran over to Jake’s lifeless body, he was cold just like Chris was normally. I pressed my now warm lips to his cold lips. They were unresponsive. I was left alone with his body. I did not want to leave him alone in the forest, even if he was dead. I decided to stay there until someone came to look for me. To my surprise, I saw a shadowy figure on the edge of the clearing. It was walking closer to me.

It was Chris.

The vampire that just killed the love of my life.

He was walking towards me quickly. I tried to get up and move but he just started to walk faster. I decided to stay where I was. I grabbed onto Jake’s lifeless body. Chris got to me quickly after I decided to stay put. His tall muscular body shadowed over mine in the grassy meadow.

“Vicky, I killed him, he’s not going to come back to life,” this was the most impassionate thing I have ever heard Chris say, even in his bad moods.

“Why?” I whispered. I knew Chris could hear me and I knew that he knew what I meant. He continued to stand tall and mighty over me.

“He mocked me one too many times,” Chris was not happy about what he did but in his mind, it had to be done. “He kept bringing you into things, making me want you more and more, not to love but to kill.” I didn’t believe what Chris just said but I had to. I had no proof of Jake saying anything, just what Chris said. “Come with me Vicky, it’s no good to dwell on the past.” I didn’t get up I just sat next to Jake holding onto him. “We can do this the hard way or the easy way.” I didn’t listen I just continued to hold on to Jake.

Chris walked over to me and picked me up forcefully. I couldn’t fight him anymore. I just went with it. He walked over to his cave and placed me on my feet. We were standing face to face. He grabbed my arms so I couldn’t move. He pressed his cold lips to mine. He dazzled me again. I was going to go along with anything he said no matter how outrageous it was.

“Vicky, I’m sorry but I have to do this. Your brother provoked me too much,” Chris said as he tightened his grips on my arms. He picked me up and pinned me against one of the rock walls. I couldn’t do anything but stand there. I saw his mouth open. His fangs were dripping with blood and venom.

“CHRIS NO!” I screamed. It didn’t stop him. I just stood against the wall immobilized by the force Chris created on my body. I felt his two small fangs enter my throat. I felt a burning sensation in my neck. I started to scream. I don’t know what I ended up screaming but I was screaming. I started to get lightheaded as I felt the blood leaving my body slowly. Chris was trying to get every ounce out of me that he could. He pulled away for a moment.

“Vicky, I’m sorry, I love you,” I heard Chris say. He put me down gently and pressed his lips to mine one last time. Then he bit me again to get the rest of the blood out of me. I felt nothing now and I saw nothing. Then the world started to reappear again. I saw Jake and tried to run over to him, but I could not move. I was planted to the ground. I tried to talk, but nothing came out of my mouth. Then he disappeared. Everything went black again. I knew I was dead and that Chris, the one person I trusted, killed me.