Over and Over | Teen Ink

Over and Over

By red-punk GOLD, Trigg County, Kentucky
red-punk GOLD, Trigg County, Kentucky

sometimes its better to hate :D

My name is Quinn, Quinn McIntosh(BTW I’m only 15). I am the main character of a sad novel called, Without You. Which is all about this girl who falls in love with me and soon I end up falling for her even after the many times I rejected her. She just sort of stuck on me and I ended up falling for her. Well after we dated for about 3 months I find out she has been cheating on me for a long time. She was going out with this person long before we started dating. His name was Henry Nicholson. Yes it’s a very nerdy name but he was one the popular guys at the school.

After finding out I didn’t really give it any thought mainly because I didn’t believe in any of the rumors. After telling her that I didn’t care she left me. I didn’t want to but after giving it a lot of thought I find my answer. So I never really find love.

Well to start off it was any normal day of reading and we were on the part where “the girl of my dreams” leaves me.

“Look Quinn, I like you but if it’s okay that I’m going out with both of you boys then I’m just going to have to dump you mainly because that is creepy. I’m sorry Quinn, but goodbye.” Those were the words she said to me when she dumped me. I went the whole rest of the day thinking about how I was going to deal with this.

The next day I got up for school. I knew exactly what I was going to do. I ate my breakfast like nothing was wrong. I got up washed my dishes and got my stuff ready, about to walk out the door. I kissed my mother on the forehead and told her I loved her for the last time. Then I walked out the front door. I went to school like it was any normal day. Except I told the teachers off, I didn’t do my work, and I did the exact opposite of what I normally would have done. I did this because I wasn’t going to be alive for any detentions or suspensions. Or to get expelled.

Finally the day had ended. I started walking toward the Golden Gate Bridge. I slowly started crying. I walked and cried and finally I approached the massive, red, masterpiece. I walked toward the beam I always stand on when I jump. Something didn’t feel right. It felt, different. I looked behind me. All I saw were cars flying by. Nothing unusual there. I looked to the right, then to the left. That’s when I saw the girl. She had blue, white, and black hair. She was beautiful. When I looked over at her she turned towards me. I could tell she was crying because her deep, dark, brown eyes had a hint of red to them. I yelled over to her,

“Hey, what are you doing?” She turned to me. The expression she had on her face was as if she were trying to ask me, “Why would you care?”

She yelled back at me,

“I’m gonna jump and there’s nothing you or anybody can do to stop me!” I quickly but quietly jumped off my beam and made my way toward the girl. I looked up at her and asked her,

“Why are you doing this?” She looked down at me and started crying. She almost lost her balance but luckily she fell towards me instead of away from me. I caught her in my arms and looked down at her sad but beautiful face. She stared back up at me and said with a whimper,

“I’m doing this because I don’t belong in this world, nobody loves me, not even my parents. I have no friends and every day at school I find some way to humiliate myself. I don’t belong on this Earth.” I wanted to cry and tell her that it gets better but that’s just what I was doing. I was going to kill myself to get away from all my problems. I looked down at her one more time. I told her,

“I love you. I know we just met but I love you. I want to be with you forever and always. I am the only one who has to love you. So please, stay on this Earth, do it for me?”

She looked surprised. She didn’t seem to know what to say so before she said anything I bent down and kissed her and she kissed me back. She smiled and slowly tears came to her eyes.

“Okay, I will stay, I won’t let myself die because some people don’t like me. I love you.”

Some how that day I got out of the novel and now I’m in the real world. My life changed that day. I’m glad my life got turned around. Me and that random girl I met that night go to the same school and we have been in it together. We have other friends but we just need each other to survive in this world. My life changed, now I’m happy. This all happened because I met Stetson Jenkins.