A Tale of Two Days | Teen Ink

A Tale of Two Days

April 1, 2008
By Anonymous

It was a time of growth and a time of immaturity, it was time of wisdom and a time foolishness, it was a time of freedom and time of hindrance, it was a time when masters became apprentices in this new age of learning. Either way it was a time of disappointment. On this first day, I was filled with wonderment and amusement as I walked through Six Flags, money in my pocket and a feeling of excitement and wonderment rushing through my veins. As I walked up to the ticket agent and asked if I could ride Superman, a ride that had captivated my mind. I had ridden this ride before in many a dreams but today was the day my dreams would be happening on the scene. As the agent looked down at me sniggling with glee, she told me I would not be able to ride the ride, for superman was shut down, it was as if five forms of this ticket agent surrounded me and pierced each one of my 5 senses. I was filled with shock as I had just been shot down by a ticket agent. I was then pushed to the ground by mightier hands than the Arnold Schwarzenegger, because the words I heard filled me with woe. It was only my mom telling me we had to go because tomorrow I had to go to the place that made me dreary and ever so weary. Tomorrow was the first day of school and the beginning of my sophomore year. It took ten security guards to drag me from the gate of six flags, it seemed it would always be my fate to never ride the ride that I had tried and tried to ride. As we drove back home, I cried and cried realizing that today I was not going to be able to play. But then an idea struck me and filled me with amazement that tomorrow was the first day of school and certainly I would be able to play.

As the second day came, it took the Jaws of Life to bring me to life from my deep and eternal slumber. I woke up filled with renewed confidence, as I walked through the famed halls, it felt like a million eyes were staring at me with my new style of wearing a fitted hat turned to the left because it was most def. I walked through the school, money in my pocket and a feeling of excitement and wonderment rushing through my veins. As I walked into each of my classes, I wasn’t having any fun, I felt like I was having as much fun as a nun. When I went home with little homework in hand, I asked my mom if I could go outside and have some fun, but instead she said, “All your fun is done.” It was as if five forms of my mother surrounded me and pierced each one of my 5 senses. As I fell to ground with woe, I knew that today or any other day; I would not be able to play for the next 365 days.