Angel in my Life | Teen Ink

Angel in my Life

Today was unusual because the sun was shining. That almost never happens. The reasons it's so unusual is because I live in Oregon. This was just one of those lucky days I guess. It's also the day that she turned up. She is the girl who changed my life and probably others too. Her name was Angie, and she was an angel.

She didn't really stand out at first. She just kind of appeared. I guess thats how she wanted it. She didn't stay unnoticed for long. Slowly she started to become more and more involved. Whenever I saw her she was always smiling and she seemed to glow. Even then I paid no attention to her. Then, since I didn't acknowledge her, She acknowledged me.

She just appeared out of nowhere. I was struggling with my books and she just started taking them. She spoke kindly and pleasantly with a sincerity in her voice that made me feel happy and content. She said she wanted to help me carry my books. I didn't know what to say so I let her. After that I didn't think I'd ever see her again, but I was wrong. She started to show up more and we became friends. I started to tell her about my life and how my father abused me. I didn't think it was a big deal until she said it was.

Eventually she talked me into getting help. It became better and for once I didn't want to kill myself. I wanted to tell her of all that had happened. I went to where she said she lived and saw her in her backyard through a hole in the fence. She unfolded her wings and flew away. She had pure white wings and looked absolutely beautiful. I will never forget her. She changed my life and now I will repay her by doing good to everyone. I was blessed by an angel.