The Story of Gustav | Teen Ink

The Story of Gustav

Before the humans set forth their marvelous time control invention which was called the clock, the creatures of Earth lived in constant confusion and fear. They were scared of arriving to work or school late, or worse, early; and they were obviously confused because they never knew the current time. The lands of Earth were known then as the Land Before Time, and it was during this time that a pterodactyl named Gustav was born.
Gustav was an adventurous dinosaur, often getting himself into terrible trouble and danger, and sometimes into terribly troubling danger. Gustav’s only friend was a rather deformed young dino by the name of Small Foot. Small foot was born with an extremely long neck and one foot that was significantly smaller then the others, causing the small dinosaur to be cursed with a crooked gait which the other, meaner dinosaurs took extreme pleasure to. Small Foot plays an extremely minute role in Gustav’s life and thus he is irrelevant to the story at hand. This is due to the fact that Small foot never aged and it was thought by the other dinosaurs that Small Foot was the devil himself. Being a Christian community, most of the dinosaurs disapproved of the devil and put Small Foot to death by feeding him to the Gigantic T-Rex.
Anyway, Gustav lived a wonderful life until the age of 6 when he was to attend his first day of school. It turns out that Gustav would arrive 13 years late due to him being side-tracked on his way to school. He was walking to school when a rather large rock fell from the sky. Many of the dinosaurs proceeded to scream and cause general chaos while Gustav continued on his little way to school and ended up taking a wrong turn into large vat of molten plastic due to the fact that he was deaf and blind, which failed to have been mentioned earlier. The vat had been somehow been misplaced by an Egyptian Gypsy whose name is as equally unpronounceable as it is unimportant. Gustav was quickly consumed by the dangerous molten plastic which instantly dried, turning him into a small plastic action figure.

As many people know, action figures are often immobile, are played with by many children, and are usually thought to be a lifeless child’s toy. This was not Gustav’s case however due to the fact that he was very much alive. The years passed for Gustav while he was trapped in an eternal plastic prison whishing he could die. He could not die however since he had taken a sip of what he thought was water right before falling into the vast of molten plastic. As many could guess, this was the elixir of life and was also not mentioned before.
Throughout the years, Gustav found himself in the home of many children and collectors until he arrived in the very school he had been attempting to go to 13 years before. Finally, he found himself in the laboratory of a not-so evil scientist by the name of Ahmed who was currently working on building a time machine. Though he was not an evil scientist, Ahmed was considered a mad scientist due to the fact that he had gone crazy from his experiments. His mind had needs of that of a four-year-old’s mind, which led him to purchase the action figure named Gustav.
Ahmed would continue to work on his time machine for years to come until he was stuck with a marvelous idea. The invention would be so amazing that it would hang on the wall of every family room for years to come. And thus the clock was born, but at a price. A shortage of plastic in the world made it extremely expensive to buy and so the scientist used the only resources he could use. He began melting the plastic Gustav down to turn him into a clock when the living Gustav emerged from the melting plastic. Ahmed had just enough plastic to build his time control devise and he gained a very valuable friend in the process. Gustav however didn’t have quite the same views. You see due to a serious chronic mental disease, he was considered crazy. He quickly flew off into the night where he would spend the rest of his days flying into windows.