Inside The Oppressed | Teen Ink

Inside The Oppressed

By Skell BRONZE, Scottsville, New York
Skell BRONZE, Scottsville, New York

If your not sure whether the risk is worth taking, it's not worth the risk at all.

My colleagues have refused to work with me on this project, for fear of their names being disclosed after the findings I showed to them, which they believed to be false. Yesterday, I took a look inside the oppressed teenager's head, as my colleagues refused to help examine the oppressed. Starting first with her mouth, I discovered that the chords of the voice box and the tissue connecting it to the mouth had been slashed by various methods. This was concluded because the slash marks took on different sizes and shapes. I will not name all of them, but some slashes were from the sharp, destructive actions of the "popular kids." Other marks were discovered to actually be bite marks left behind by the biting words this teen has heard.
Next, I took a look inside the brain, specifically the amygdala, the part that expresses fear. This section of the limbic system of the brain sits next to the prefrontal cortex, the piece that controls different emotions. It was discovered that the amygdala had grown much larger and was now pressing against the prefrontal cortex, destroying what emotions of happiness and self- importance this teenager ever had.
After seeing the overgrowth of fear in the brain, I looked to the ears to try and understand what the teen head heard that caused her to be so afraid. Her middle ear had been severely punctured. The malleus, incus, and stapes bones inside the ear had been broken by the loud, rude words that had flowed through here multiple times. The cochlea was overgrown, and when I cut it open to see what caused the growth, pus- colored words erupted from the cochlea. I was able to discover where each word came from based on the size, color, and typeface of each word and phrase. It was found most came from her peers, especially those who played soccer. Not one of the phrases found was good, and it has been assumed that since these words lived in the cochlea, she constantly heard them said everyday.
After the ear examination, I decided to figure out what these findings have to do with her death. After taking a look at the larynx, the part of the body that controls air flow to the lungs and speech ability, I discovered in multiple places it was slightly inflamed, irritated, or clogged. After this, I determined this teenager died of asphyxiation. Typically, asphyxiation is caused by a loss of air, but in this case, rarely seen until this day and age, the asphyxiation was caused by a large clog that prevented the teen from saying what she believed and how she felt.

This was a piece I wrote for my Satire class. It's a "dissection" of an oppressed teenage girl. Hope you like it!(: