Dear Boy | Teen Ink

Dear Boy

February 25, 2012
By Sarri2014 SILVER, Hermon, New York
Sarri2014 SILVER, Hermon, New York
5 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Some achieve greatness, while others have greatness thrust upon them.


Dear Boy,

I know this letter will reach you too late. I had to try though; I couldn’t say that I never did anything. I understand now why you had to break my heart; I don’t blame or resent you. However, I pity you. I pity the way you hide yourself from the world. I pity the way you never let your guard down. I pity you because you’ve never aloud anyone to love you. I know because I tried and my heart got broken in the process. I’m not asking you to change who you are, for I have seen that your soul is good. More I am asking you to change the way you are, for I have been the victim of your ways.

I’m not asking for an apology, I am not asking for you back. All I’m asking is that you let your guard down for once, and yes I can promise you that you will get hurt. You will get hurt again and again, but maybe then you won’t hurt others so easily. Maybe then you will see, feel, think things you never could before. Maybe then you will appreciate what others do, especially for you. Maybe then you can love.

I know this letter will reach you too late. Too late to save the next girl who tries on your account. Too late to spare your family the next time you blow up. I had to try though. I had to try to help you reach that place of equilibrium you have never experienced. We both know you need help. We both know you well enough to understand that you can’t fix your life, your addictions, or your problems on your own. No you didn’t let me in, you didn’t let me help you, but I understand now that I couldn’t help you. I’m hoping though that this letter gives you the strength to get the help you need. Remember, no matter how much you deny it, or claim to not want it, someone in the world cares for you.








Love,







Girl