Possessed by a Toy | Teen Ink

Possessed by a Toy

“Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” I had been hearing the extremely irritating noise all day and it was driving me up the wall. It was a little plastic toy that when you shake it, it makes the most horrendous bonking noise. My brother had gotten it at a friends birthday party earlier that morning, and had been playing with it all day, non stop! At the moment I was attempting to write an English essay, but all I could think about was that “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” I was getting absolutely nowhere, eventually I was at the end of my straw!
“TIMMY!” I hollered at the top of my lungs “I am trying to write in here so can you please stop playing with that bonking toy!” At first it was silent and there was response, but then there was that “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” even louder and faster then before.
“AUGHHHHHH!” I yelled as I stood up and shoved my chair against my bookshelf and stomped out of my room. As I get closer to Timmy’s room the bonking got louder and more annoying then ever. I swung open Timmy’s door to find him sitting on his bed cross legged with the toy at hand. “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” and then a short pause and the “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” again. He just sat there on his bed, not seeming to notice that I had barged into his room without permission.
“Hellooooooooo? Timmy?” I said as I waved my hand vigorously in front of his face. But he did nothing, he did not even blink.
“HELLOOOO?” I repeated again waving my hang more rapidly then before. There was a slight pause, then “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk.” That is when I first noticed that Timmy’s hand was not moving, they toy was moving on its own. “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” A cold shiver went up and own my spine as I processed what I had just seen. I blinked, thinking maybe I was imagining it. But when I opened my eyes again, there my little brother sat on the end of his bed, not moving, not even blinking while his little toy moved, making the continuous bonking noise. “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” My eyes were fixed on the toy, and they it seemed as it smiled wider, with a evilly happy grimace on its face. “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” My heart started beating at a million miles per minute. This is when I knew something was wrong; things were starting to get creepy. But little did I know that things would soon take a turn for the worse.
I stood there, frozen with fear. I did not even dare to move a single muscle. “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” I opened my mouth to scream, but no sound came out. I took a deep breath in and then let out a blood curdling scream. The whole house basically shook with echoes of my scream, but yet Timmy still did not move, but the freaky possessed toy was still doing its own thing. “Bonk, Bonk, Bonk” I tried to calm myself down, but all that I could think of at that moment was that a toy had possessed my little brother.