Stardom | Teen Ink

Stardom

By LoverBoyBeast95 BRONZE, Ewing, New Jersey
LoverBoyBeast95 BRONZE, Ewing, New Jersey

If you start a revolution, embrace its outcome.

Well, here I am. Just another cliché added to the bunch, yet again. I feel like it’s been ages since I’ve done something new. You know? The typical performances in the local coffee shop or at the weekly open mic get, well, tiring after a while. I’ve done it for so long that it just feels like I’m stagnant; like…like I can’t get out of this repetitive stage of my life. Some of you may not be able to understand. So do me a favor and picture this. The entire world is in front of you. Ok? It’s…it’s exploding with color, and creativity, and evolving into something unimaginably beautiful more and more as time goes on. And there you are, viewing it from behind a giant class window. You can’t hear it. You can’t touch it. You can’t live it. Even though its right in front of you, you can only watch as the fruits of everyone’s dream burst into a superb reality.
Doesn’t sound very pleasing, does it? I mean, don’t get me wrong. Performing on a smaller scale is fun, but I need something bigger. I need something to quench this never ending thirst for, *(sigh)* something. It’s just something; something…something indescribable; something that will change the entire path on which I aimlessly tread. One day…one day I will look into the dark, vague cloud, and fine that “something” I’ve yearned for. I’ve craved it for so long, and it will be right in front of my view; almost tangible to me.
It’s that little spark that shall jumpstart me, and my stardom. I have the power to break that glass. I…I have the power to discover the “something” I’ve yet to find. I WILL be a star. I WILL become what I am DESTINED to be. Forget every name I was called. Forget each failure I’ve encountered. Forget…forget the countless wounds, and cuts, and bruises I’ve received. I WILL continue to create. I will strive for MY superb reality, and show everyone else, that it WAS POSSIBLE for me to. I’m gonna make it happen. I mean, after all, I am an artist. And I have recently come to realize one thing. There are no rules to artistry.

This is a monologue I wrote. I have never written one before, and i am actually performing it soon. It resembles my determination to become a star, no matter how insuperable the odds may be. The person reading it is talking about his typical peformances at local,Amateur places such as open mics, and how he dreams and craves something bigger than what he is doing now.