I don't know yet | Teen Ink

I don't know yet

By Grass_green_eyes BRONZE, Newport News, Virginia
Grass_green_eyes BRONZE, Newport News, Virginia

A never-ending sea of white surrounds me and all I can see is a bright light. I start walking towards a door, or, an elevator? I step up to it and look carefully at it. Only one button to press. Seems simple enough. I lift my finger towards the button and as i press it the doors open up to reveal my bedroom. I awoke from this simple dream that i had been having for the past week. Although, i never seemed to get past the elevator. My mother sticks her brown haired, brown eyed head into my doorway and says, “Sweetheart, i’ve given you 10 extra minutes of sleep! It’s time for you to get ready for your first day of your last year in high school. Aren’t you excited?” “Not really,” i mumble into my pillow, but i get up anyway and get ready to the best of my ability. Even if the best of my ability is throwing on a tee-shirt, jeans, and a little eyeliner. To me, there was no need to look your best for school, but thats just my opinion. Although, many other girls would beg to differ.

I rush to put on my comfiest pair of fuzzy socks and combat boots while eating my half cold toaster waffles because I'm running a little late today. I grab my favorite energy drink out of the fridge and as i walk out the door i hear my mother yelling after me, “Have a great day honey! See you when you get home.” You see, my mother stays at home because she says “the only job she needs is that of a mother,” but i think it is just because she doesn’t want me to be left alone for most of the day. My mother worries about me because i have anxiety and depression problems but i don’t see what there is to worry about because i make sure to always take my medication. I step into my car and sit down almost spilling my drink on me. Thank goodness i didn’t because I'm already late as it is and i didn’t need to change. I then start the car, put it in gear, and drive away. After 10 minutes of diving, i finally reach the parking lot and realize i have 2 minutes to sprint into school, find out what my first class is, then get to it. Good thing they don’t start giving out detentions till the third day of school.

Its not even remotely close to being done...i just would like criticism or whatever on it.