The Pain | Teen Ink

The Pain

Sitting in a crowded room. Their laughter piercing my soul with scars of hatred, becoming deeper and deeper as they go on. My only thoughts are questions that would burn another person’s skin like flame. Why did this happen to me? Why is this my chosen path? What’s the point going on in life any longer? Why me? Memories burned into my mind of this horrify day of torture and betrayal. IT all began at Rock Blood, a club for punks and Goths. I was meeting a bunch of friends when a group of girls came up to me…. They cornered me. Then it happened they punched, kicked, and abused me while calling me a freak. While one of them was destroying my bag and looking through it. They then left me there in front of the club on the concrete. I lay there bruises, blood, and mental disturbance wounds. Then my friends came and walked right over me into Rock Blood. One thought in my mind stood. They didn’t even notice me. I walk home holding back tears of the pain and suffering I just witnessed. I go to the bathroom knowing what I’m going to do. I promised myself a long time ago this was over my life was perfect. I take out the scissors but then I change my mind. My mind was changed when I lifted my sleeve and looked at my arms looking at past scars from this. I go to write in my diary. IT’S GONE!! Rapidly rummaging through my things getting paper cuts everywhere not feeling the pain at the moment. NO!! The most personal thing in my life is gone those girls stole it that said everything in it even about my arm scars. I run to school saying ughh afternoon classes. There they are standing reading and laughing at my heart felt pages of nothing but pain.

This I tried to picture myself in the situation in order to get the feelings. And the emotions wrapped into me while I wrote.

writingforlife, Marshfield, Massachusetts

You see things and ask "Why?" I dream things and say "Why not?"

thank you so much I write about a ton of stuff that really speaks to me. I will be posting a new story in a real soon I'll keep you posted

Gush said...
When I first started reading "The Pain" I felt like it should have become the lyrics for a song, even if I hadn't seen the guitar image. The brevity of the phrases/sentences and the immediate emotional imagery felt like someone delivering fast jabs to my solar plex.  As the sentences grew in length, a story developed, one as heart breaking and lonely as I ever read. I saw in an earlier post that this is based on real events. All I can say is, ....feelings are transitory. No one rides the roller coaster only down, eventually it starts riding up. Your writing ability alone should give you hope for a better and happier future. Keep looking inward for more of these great gifts and ignore the negative people in your life who don't respect you.

DanielM. said...
Ur very welcome. I heard that phrase your a bad writer. But i think about writing to me is something where you can do whatever you want. You know what im saying right?

thank you so much like if you look at my profile its all true everyl ast word. That means so much to me. People in my life have told me im a bad writer but to hear that from a stranger means alot to me.

DanielM. said...
Wow, that was awesome. I really like you used the dark imagery. Your really good writer. Great Job. I rate it 100/100. Awesome Job. Keep on Writing cause you have a Gift.

auntie said...
I can't express how proud I am of you. I have been reading your stories and lyrics since you learned how to write and I have always known that your abilities would lead to great things. xoxo