Zoey's Confession | Teen Ink

Zoey's Confession

January 19, 2012
By Anonymous

“Please don’t be mad at me.” She started saying as I walked into the bathroom and saw what she had done. “I just couldn’t help it. It was just right there in front of me on the bathroom counter in big black cases and bags. And there was so much different stuff I’ve never seen before I just had to play with it. I know you love you’re make-up.

“I just really really couldn’t help it.” She said while she backed up as if I was advancing forward to hit her. “There was so much different colored eye shadow, and the lip-gloss- oh, you know how much I love lip-gloss! And it wasn’t my intention to break anything or roll the lip stick all the way up just to smash the cap back down. Just please, please, please, don’t tell Nana! I won’t do it ever, ever again I promise. I was so tempted and I wanted to look just like Beyoncé. I promise I’ll never ever wear- no- I’ll never touch your make-up ever again.” She said very convincingly.

Unfortunately for her it didn’t convince me.“I cannot believe you would go behind my back and get into my make-up you know what it means to me. Don’t you know how much money I’ve spent on it?” I yelled trying to keep my composure.

“No… how much?” She asked curiously as she tried to change the subject.
I sighed and continued anyway. “And how many times have I told you to leave it alone? I should just skip Nana and go straight to your mom. And did you say you broke stuff? And smashed my lip stick? What all did you touch in there? I can’t believe you; you have your own make-up just down the hall, why couldn’t you have played with that?” I said less calmly than before.

“Oh, silly goose, that’s Barbie brand make-up.” She said as if I was supposed to know that.