running away from home | Teen Ink

running away from home

By zakeriah BRONZE, Ocala, Florida
zakeriah BRONZE, Ocala, Florida

"Why are you leaving home?" I asked.

" I'm tried of getting hit on, being treated like I am being treated. Have to go through things I have to.Its to much for me I am being tossed from foster home to foster home. She said with tears filling her eyes. Her face was being to look like a beautiful waterfall with a back ground.

" I know what you are going through is hard but you have to stick with it and let go of the pain. Leaving your foster parents wont be a good idea. Where would you lay you head, how would you eat, who would make sure you get up and go to school?" I said.

" No one does that now I make sure I eat, I make sure I go to school. But the only thing they do for me is make sure I have a place to lay my head. They don’t like me, no one does. All because my mom died and my father left when she died. And I was left along.

" I had never known about this. Is that why your attitude is so bad? I though and asked.

" Yes, I never tell anyone because I don’t want anyone to break down to me. No one has ever did that to me since my mother died and I hated it. I don’t wont to all to start up again. She said with anger in her voice.

" Well why do you want to leave your foster parents?" I asked.

" They treat me like I am nothing, them hit on me, curse at me and I don’t like it." She said.

I couldn't said anything. I just stood there looking starting to feel her pain.

"Now you know why I do what I do, and why my attitude is how it is. She said.

"Yes but you have to get over that and put it all behind you. Once you let it go then you will be over it all. Then you will be better and maybe a better person." I told her.

( 6-MONTHS LATER )

"HEY Kayla how are you going?" I asked.

"Great." She yelled back.

She sound like she was doing way better. "How's it going?" I asked.

"I'm doing better actually, I've got a foster parent that cares for me, and I'm getting good grades." She said happily.

"I'm proud of you see you around. I told you running away was not the answer." I said smiling and left and went home.