My Father's Constant Monologue | Teen Ink

My Father's Constant Monologue

December 19, 2007
By Anonymous

I love my daughter, but MAN! She is ridiculous sometimes. I mean, come on, she’s obsessed with a man at least twice her age. She won’t admit it, though. Well, actually she might be obsessed with two men twice her age. I think it depends on what music she’s listening to. I guess it’s not a bad thing, but it would probably be better if she had better role models. Maybe a female role model. But I really doubt that’ll happen. She’s stubborn. I think she would say she’s just passionate about what she does, but most people would call that pigheadedness. And she pretty much doesn’t stop talking about music and such. To some degree, I find her conversation interesting, but when she says, “You wanna know what Mat Devine’s favorite amphibian is?” My brain partially shuts off. No, sweetie, I don’t want to know what Mat Devine’s favorite amphibian is. But then she says Alanis Morissette. And I can’t help but laugh. Where does she find out this stuff? For that matter. Why does she look up this stuff? She says it’s on the band websites…but I’m not stupid. I have no idea where she gets it, but it’s definitely not on the websites. In most cases, at least. I know for a fact that the Alanis comment is actually true. Don’t ask me how I found that out.