Our Love | Teen Ink

Our Love

By GraceBlack1998 BRONZE, Dos Palos, California
GraceBlack1998 BRONZE, Dos Palos, California

"You don't get it do you?" He looked at me with a look of disgust,"No!I don't get it! So please, by all means, explain!" I folded my arms and waited. "I...I love you, but it's just not easy........." he trailed off. "What's not easy? You said you loved me, so what's so hard about it?" I was close to tears at that point. "It's just." he took a deep breath,"You're not the easiest person to love. One minute I'm the greatest person ever and the next you hate me. I don't even know what to think anymore." he sighed and looked at the ground. "I'm sorry. I do love you, I'm just scared of being broken again. Ryan, you've been my best friend for 8 years, I love you." I chocked back a sob. "I...I'm sorry." The tears flowed from my eyes. "Shhh... It's okay." He held me close and let me cry into his chest. We stood there like that for 10 long minutes. I looked up at him, "I ruined your shirt, sorry." He smiled "I don't care, it's just a shirt." i smiled and shook my head. Before I could say anything else, he leaned down and kissed me. I was shocked at first, but after a few seconds, I leaned into the kiss. It was the first kiss of many over the next 76 years of love, our love.