Once Upon A Lost Love

Once upon a time, there was a young maiden who was in love with the handsome prince. She wanted to court him, but he had just started to date her friend who was a princess in a far away country. The prince's best friend Samuel had been the maiden's friend for as long as she could remember. He was the one who first brought the prince to her eye.
One day, Samuel started to neglect his friendship with Aria, the young maiden. She was very upset with this. The prince, Caleb, was Aria's friend as well and tried to cheer her up, but to no avail. For every time that she looked upon his face, she was reminded of of the love that she would never have. So, she would cry herself to sleep every night, wondering what was so wrong with herself. Why would Samuel neglect his so-called best friend? Why would Caleb not love her? "till one night, for that was the night that she never awakened. She assumed that no one would even notice. But what she didn't know was that Prince Caleb was deeply in love with Aria and that was the reason that Samuel had stopped being her friend. He felt that Caleb falling for Aria would ruin Caleb's chances for being king. He never really wanted to hurt her. If only she knew.