Dear Josiah | Teen Ink

Dear Josiah

Dear Josiah,

Yesterday was the best day of my life. You will never guess what just happened. A shot not just the nation’s best buck but the world’s biggest white tail. I am ecstatic. I was sitting in my tree stand dazing in and out of consciences when I saw him. It was like nothing I have ever seen before. I thought I was dreaming. I had to pinch myself. I was a staggering 75 point buck. I couldn’t believe it. I didn’t know that it was even possible. So I pulled up my shotgun and pulled the trigger. The first shot missed. “I can’t believe this is happening am I really going to miss this son of a gun,” I thought to myself. But with the next shot I dropped him dead in his tracks. The adrenaline was pumping rapidly through my veins. I have never felt so more alive than I do right now. I hope your hunt was as good as mine was because we all need to bring home the jerky.

How much money do you think I could get if I sell my deer to Cabela’s. I mean if I did sell it to them I could be a millionaire. What would you do? Do you think you would sell it?

I can’t wait for my fishing trip maybe I will catch the world’s biggest fish up there in Canada, too. Hopefully you will be able to go. I don’t think that I will be able to catch a fish as big as your musky. I mean if you needed a crane to get it out of the water it must have been huge. You are going to have to send me a picture of it. I can not wait to see it.

Once I get back from deer camp we are going to have to go fishing. I found this hole on the river before I left. I was catching 15-17 inch crappies. I was so much fun. Hopefully they haven’t died down to much because I have never caught so many big ones at once on the Cedar River before. Dude, it was sweet. Also I heard that the catfish was biting pretty well down by the dam on chicken livers. I think we are going to have to try that again. You know what happened last time we went catfishing. Yup that’s right I caught the biggest fish which was 22 inches long, thank you.

Hopefully the river isn’t flooded down there because up north the river was flooded about 3 feet. But if that is the case I guess we will just have to go the Big Woods Lake or Brinker Lake. That’s not too bad though because I know some holes on those lakes for some strippers and for some crappies. Let’s just hope that Mother Nature plays on our side and lets us have prime fishing weather.

Ill call you when I get back,

Jordan