It Fell This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

And the damn thing fell. Hehadn't meant for that to happen, honest. Because even though it was ugly- well, perhaps hideous was more appropriate - he had, at least in somefuzzy, subconcious way, known it was important to her. The entiregod-forsaken pottery workshop had been important and that ... thing shebrought home, well, she was proud of it. But wanting to put it in thedining room, for Pete's sake! He should have lied when she asked what hethought of it. He knew that now, watching it fall. Hell, he had knownthat the second all he said about the thing was "umm ..." andher face fell. But what did she want him to say? She comes home andpresents him with something out of Medusa's houseware line, and he'sjust supposed to ... what? But he knew. He could have at least fakedenthusiasm. And when she insisted, crying, on setting it on the table,he shouldn't have turned away like that. But he hadn't meant to knockthe stupid thing over. Which didn't matter now, because he had. Nowthere was nothing to do but watch it fall.

alex_gold said...
May 13, 2012 at 10:09 am
That was so amusing! Please write more!!!!! Also, you might want to work a little bit on your spacing, but that is all!! GREAT WORK!