Eva's Story | Teen Ink

Eva's Story

January 8, 2012
By FreeLancer BRONZE, Auxvasse, Missouri
FreeLancer BRONZE, Auxvasse, Missouri
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Someone will always be prettier. Someone will always be smarter. Someone will always be younger. But they will never be me.


Eva reread her suicide note and, satisfied, she put it down. 'This is it.' She stood and walked over to her bed and sat down on it. "This is my final act," she said quietly and picked up her pill bottle that was filled with her depression medication.
Eva chose to commit suicide, not an easy choice. Her life was horrible and she didn't want to live it anymore. At seven, her mother died in a car accident that Eva had also been in and survived. Eva's father was a drunk and when he was drunk, he became violent. At fifteen, Eva had had enough of her life and finally decided to end it. She knew that everyone would be happier with her gone.
She cleared her mind as she opened the pill bottle. She pulled out the first pill and stopped as a memory invaded her once clear mind.

"Are you okay,Eva?" Eva's friend, Ada, asked.
Eva smiled at her friend. "Of course I am. Why do you ask?"
"You seem kind of down..." She looked worried. Ada knew that Eva had a tendency to cut herself, so she worried a lot more than she normally would.
Eva shook her head. "I'm fine. Don't worry 'bout me, Ada."
"How can I not, Eva!? You're like the sister I've never had!" She lowered her voice. "I don't want to lose you!"
Eva rolled her eyes. "Again, I'm fine. Now stop worrying."
"Remember, Eva, you're like my sister and I love you as one."
"Yeah, yeah." She smiled.

'Like a sister... Do I really matter that much?' Eva looked at the pill in her hand. 'Maybe...' "Maybe I'll wait. Just for a little while..." She dropped the pill back into the bottle, recapped it, and put it back onto her beside table. "I can hold together for a little while, right?"
She looked out her window and sighed. 'This is gonna be a pain.'