The Pediatrician This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Onegloomy afternoon Dr. Francis Stanton, a pediatrician, walked through hisoffice with a certain radiance. Pleased by the sight of so manychildren, Dr. Stanton was joyful.

"I love kids," hesaid enthusiastically.

"Why don't you settle down and have afew of your own?" inquired Nurse Weaver.

"Just nevermet the right woman." As he said this the radiance was replaced bya gloom that matched the weather.

I've seen many single men in myday, but I've never seen one respond that way, Nurse Weaver thought. Asshe walked through the lobby she noticed police surrounding Dr.Stanton.

"What's going on here?" sheexclaimed.

"The doctor here is wanted in Jersey for themurder of his wife," they explained.

As he was escorted outthe door with his head down he was heard repeating these words,"She just wasn't the right one, she wasn't the right one."

Writer_Jordan said...
I'm more than a little confused right now. Beisdes the mushed up words, the incomplete plot. Is there something I'm missing here?