The Number Book | Teen Ink

The Number Book

January 5, 2012
By Catch SILVER, Willow Springs, Missouri
Catch SILVER, Willow Springs, Missouri
9 articles 10 photos 31 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never ever give up! Don't listen to what people say they will just try to shove you in the dirt. Listen to your heart.


One is for one girl. You are one girl!

Two is for two gold fish. The amount of gold fish in your teacher’s room.

Three is for 3 friends. The amount of friends you will gain in one day.

Four is for four chairs. The amount of chairs in your room.

Five is for five subjects. You will learn 5 subjects.

Six is for six special classes. Those classes are Computer Lab, Counselor, Library, P.E., Music, and Art.

Seven is for seven hours. The amount of time you will be in school.

Eight is for eight things for dinner. Milk, Fried Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Green Beans, Salad, Biscuit, and Jell-O.

Nine is for nine o’clock. The time you go to bed.

Ten is for ten toes. The amount of toes you have.

The Moon is shining bright. It is now time to sleep. See you tomorrow and have a good night.


The author's comments:
The Original Piece had pictures and pretty colors. I intended for this piece to be read to a young child and every time you see a space a page is turning.