The Scare | Teen Ink

The Scare

November 17, 2011
By Anonymous

One cold morning I was cleaning the dirty kitchen. There were rags on the floor, dirty dishes on the sink, food on the walls, and trash everywhere. Everything was quiet, the only thing I could hear was the wind blowing hard against the broken windows. Suddenly, I heard a door slam against a wall and my stepfather was in the room.He was wearing a big white and dirty shirt. He looked mad, terribly mad, it looked like he was ready to kill someone. He got closer and closer to me.
“What the hell were you thinking?” he asked furious.
“Wha-what are you talking about?” I asked nervously.
“Oh you know what I am talking about”
“No, I-I really don’t”
“Oh so you are going to deny that you have been looking for your birth parents?” he asked.
“How do you know?” I asked.

I was so scared, I could not believe he had found out the truth. I was so scared and nervous, that I couldn’t stop thinking about what he would do to me. He was so, so angry his eyes were full of fury.
“That doesn’t matter, what matters here is that you are doing things behind my back and as you know that brings a lot of consequences. And its not like you are going to find your birth parents, ever! They left you and you are now all alone and you will always be.” He shouted angrily.

My heart started beating faster and faster each second.
“From now on you will have twice as many chores as you had yesterday. You aren’t allowed to leave the house.” he said with his had pointing at my face.

He walked towards me, and just as I thought he would not do anything really bad he lifted his arm and slapped me on the face. He hit me so hard that I flied to the floor. I couldn’t stop thinking about how bad it hurt and I could feel my cheek turning red and starting to burn. My head started pounding so hard I thought it was going to explode. I thought I was going to faint from the excruciating pain. Then everything went black.