Character scetch of Marissa

My favorite Character is a High School Softball Catcher. She is 5’ 1” and 125 pounds. Marissa is 13 years old even though she could pass as a short 16 years old. Marissa has bright blonde hair and Blue eyes with speckles of brown in them. She looks like a Barbie. Marissa is always the nice one in school even though she has never been popular.

Marissa is always practicing softball, visiting her grandparents, cousins, uncles and aunts. If Marissa puts her mind to something she can achieve it. Marissa wanted to play Varsity her freshman year and she worked hard till she achieved her goal. She never stopped working even after she reached her goal.

Marissa doesn’t talk about her goals with anyone. She likes to give other people friendly advice but she won’t take advice from anyone but a pro. One time a senior took Marissa’s favorite quote (If at first you don’t succeeded try try again) and changed it (If at first you don’t succeed try try again then quit there is no use in being a fool about it). After that Marissa only listened to pros no one else.

Marissa is stubborn sometimes but she is a good example. Marissa’s example is if at first you don’t succeed try try again!

Stargis21foreva said...
Jan. 6, 2012 at 11:37 am
This character sketch is very repetitive. "Marissa..." this and "Marissa..." that. I think it would be helpful if the author varied the sentence structure a little bit, and didn't use the words "she" and "Marissa" as often.

Catch replied...
I will work on that thank you the whole idea of this though is to descrice Marissaand not leaving any details out the only way I know how to do that right now is to use her name.