Foot-Binding

The arch bulged over the sides, the skin stretching out the beautiful fabric in a brutally fashionable manner. The bones were constricted the the extreme, pain and disgust coursing through the owner of these feet. It wasn't a matter of choice, but tradition; a tradition that women would be eternally grateful to break, if possible. Her bones had been pushed to the limit, and if the toes were rapped any closer to the heel, the arches of her feet would surely snap. Walking would no longer be free of pain for this woman ever again.

ToraToriToraThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Thank you for the input, this means that people jsut want to hear more! No, it's not a story, or I would have it under realistic-fiction. This is just a detailed visual without the visual. I tried to make it short and powerful.

A_Journey said...
I like your story but it really needs to be expanded. It's about how China's women used to bind their feet, right?