Caged

Looking at these bars, it’s automatic to assume that I’m in a cage. The only thing I see through them is light. Pacing 4 steps this way and that my eyes do not divert from the light. I know there are others in this cage, but I do not look at them. They dare not come near me, as if they knew the out come if they did. The scent of fear pours out of them like sweat. In this cage of my own kind I am alone. I, a fierce tigress, amongst such inferior cubs that know they can not compare to me. My concern does not go to them, but the ones that are outside of this cage. Because all I see is light, I can not see them out there. But there is no need, for my ears know where they are. Their screams fill my ears, but in return I glare. I do not know what they want with me, nor do I care. Let them try to tame me, but it is a waste of time. I belong to me and no one else. I follow nothing and nothing can change that. I will fight even after death. There will be no holding back on my part, so come at me with all you got. So come, and try to make me obey you. Try to make this tigress into your pet.