What Ever Happened | Teen Ink

What Ever Happened

November 23, 2011
By surferdudeNJ BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
surferdudeNJ BRONZE, Ventnor, New Jersey
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

What happened? Who knows? She does….

“Hey babe,” I said as she walked into the room.

“Hey, we need to talk, I’m so sorry” she said. Her name was Ellen and she was magnificent. Her hair seemed to flow over her shoulders ever so perfectly. Her eyes-oh her eyes-they were just perfect. I loved her but she didn’t feel the same. I never had felt this way before and it was a strange feeling. She had been my girlfriend for sometime now. I thought we were perfect, but she didn’t…

It was October 31st of last year when I finally mustered up the courage to ask her out.

“H-h-h-h-hey,” I whimpered.

“Hey,” she mimicked with her beautiful angle like voice.

“I’ve really wanted to ask you this. W-would you like to go see a movie or get something to eat with me sometime.” I sounded so stupid. I remember her writing in, in big re marker, her phone number on the back of my hand.

My friends made so much fun of me. I hated it but I didn’t ca re, I thought I had the most beautiful girl in the school.

When I finally took her out it was one of the best times of my life. I was only a freshmen so I had like zero cash. I remember taking her to McDonalds and telling her to order off the dollar menu. I felt so embarrassed but she understood.

We saw the movie Toy Story 3. She wanted to see it so I agreed to. I really didn’t want to see that movie but I didn’t care I was going to get to be with the girl I wanted to be with.

It went on like that for a few months or so and we started saying I love you a lot instead of just see you later or something like that.

But then just live every couple, the fighting started. We start yelling at each other over the stupidest little things like you looked at him or her and not me. We wouldn’t talk to each other for days. Then we’d do the whole hug and kiss make-up. It was true love.

Who knows, maybe we were never meant to be together. I remember now when it started going down hill.

I saw a kid touching her, MY GIRL, in places where I’m only aloud to touch her. I walked right over to them and WHAMM I socked him, knocked him out cold.

Ellen just looked at me and then looked at him and just broke down. I couldn’t understand why, I thought I did the right thing. Little did I know that he played a big role in our break-up.

We started seeing each other more so we knew of each others where a bout’s. We started saying we loved each other and kissing in front of people. I’ll say this; I can’t believe I couldn’t see what was happening right in front of my face. I should have paid better attention.

“We need to talk,” she insisted. “We need to stop, its not you it’s me.” It sounded so scripted. Like something out of a bad horror movie or a nightmare. What ever happened? Who knows? I do now.