Running | Teen Ink

Running

By Nightingale2write BRONZE, Toronto, Other
Nightingale2write BRONZE, Toronto, Other

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." ~Thomas Edison

RUNNING:
I remember the wind streaming through my hair and the ground flying under my feet. The pine trees blurred past like a stroke of an artist’s brush. The sun shined brilliantly through the foliage, making everything glow. The wind whistling over the dunes was music to my ears, flowing over my mind like milk and honey. The wide, open spaces seemed so vast that they seemed like they could go on forever. Deer ran with me in leaps and bounds, we glided smoothly over the terrain like we were flying. And we all ran together through the trees by the meadow by the river, rushing by, with the sun smiling on our backs. Time didn’t exist. The world kept on turning. Birds chirped happily. We were free…once.
But not anymore.

This is just a little excerpt I came up with that describes my character's, Isobel, feeling when running. Hope you enjoy! P.S don't forget to critique ;)

Honour SILVER said...
Honour SILVER, New London, Connecticut

Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. ~John 15:13

"Give me liberty or give me death!" ~Patrick Henry

Be brave and steadfast; have no fear or dread of them, for it is the Lord, your God, who marches with you; he will never fail you or forsake you. ~ Deuteronomy 31:6

"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery" ~ Thomas Jefferson

This good, and very descriptive, it has has good imagery! :D