The COD Player | Teen Ink

The COD Player

Harold Jacobson is a 175 pond 25 year old professional Call of Duty player that has been playing the Call of Duty video games since he was 16. He has every Call of Duty ever created and is on the top of every leader board. He has over 300 days of play time in Call of Duty modern warfare 2 and Black Ops combined. Which is just ridiculous, considering the average play time is around 25 days for each game.
He has competed in hundreds of competitions all over the country and has won thousands of dollars in cash and more than $5,000 in prizes alone. Harold has the limited edition of every gaming console specially made for each Call of Duty game. Which just goes to show, how much of a life he doesn’t have.

All this comes at a price for Harold though. He has completely wasted years of his life playing Call of Duty that he will never be able to get back. He doesn’t have a social life outside of the gaming world, the only people that know he exists are the other gamers that he competes against. Some may say that he’s has the best job in the world, others ask why he would want to waste his life on something so insignificant and stupid. But it really isn’t a job. He actually works with the producers of the Call of Duty games to test them before they are even available to the public. But he still doesn’t know what life in the real world is like, he doesn’t know how hard other people actually have to work just to get by day to day because he sits in his
apartment all day playing video games and basically has everything handed to him for doing absolutely nothing.

He rents an apartment that is full of what remains of old pizza, chinese take out boxes, empty soda bottles, and over 100 wrappers for taco bell For $500 a month. Which he easily pays for by going to and winning tournaments. His job as a game tester doesn’t pay much and isn’t really that important, it’s just something he likes to do. Harold can’t really afford to buy decent clothes, so every day he wears one of the three pairs of jeans he owns along with a white t-shirt that has more of a yellow color to it than white. This is do to his oily skin and lack of showering.

Harold also doesn’t have very good personal hygiene, his face is covered in so many pimples that his face is bright red and oozing who knows what. His hair is so greasy if he touches something after touching his head (or his face), he leaves a greasy disfigured hand print behind. Harold reeks of the smell of fast food and old pizza boxes. His diet consist mainly of Taco Bell and Mountain Dew. The only reason he’s not fat is because of his super high metabolism. His skin is so pasty white that even vampires look tan compared to him.

Harold knows that he has a gaming addiction and he hasn’t seen his family in over two years. His answering machine only contains messages from his mother angrily yelling at him to stop playing those stupid games and to come over once in a while. He does call her back but he doesn’t go visit unless it’s something urgent. The rest of his family wants him to go to gaming rehab for his addiction, but he refuses because his want for playing video games far out weighs his need to stop playing them. The last

time he did something with his father was when he was still living at home which was about eight years ago.

He has never had a girlfriend, and the only girls he ever talk to are at the gaming tournaments when they hand him his prize. Harold will never get a girlfriend unless he gets over his gaming addiction and buys some nicer clothes, eats better and takes care of himself. Until that day comes all he can do is stay lonely in his apartment by himself and play Call of Duty all day.

Harold really has no role in society or even living for that matter, he’s wasted his entire youth being unhealthy and playing video games. He has no relationship’s and almost never see’s his family. He’s such a stuck up loser that he can’t even admit that he has a problem with a gaming addiction

it's a character sketch for a class assignment