The Unseen This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

You walk by, going on with the clockwork routine, but you don’t see me, you don’t see me.

You halt for a heartbeat; it catches your eye for a moment. Perhaps you saw me, perhaps you saw me.

If you did, you would have seen a girl, neither young nor old, sitting on a street corner, if you saw me, if you saw me.

But, if you did see me, you would have seen the others unseen, if you saw me, if you saw me.

The unseen are creatures, fantastically strange, winding and snaking and flying about, if you saw them, if you saw them.

Creature of stories from long, long ago, and creatures unknown to all save me, if you saw them, if you saw them.

Old things, young things, bright things, dark things, things with talons and beaks, things with wings, and things too wild, if you saw them, if you saw them.

You would have seen them, sitting with me. Laughing, playing, talking, learning, enjoying each other and enjoying me, if you saw us, if you saw us.

But you did not see. You could have seen, but you were too busy, living by the clock, to see me, to see me.

Perhaps, one day, if you stop living a mechanical life, you may see the unseen and join the unknown, if you saw us, if you saw us.

invisibleme said...
Feb. 15, 2012 at 8:27 am
This is really great. I absolutly love your concept of this article.

Chelsey J. said...
It's great!

scary_fruit said...
Jan. 23, 2009 at 12:53 am
i love this