The Rain

One day, it vanished. Every single piece of trash on earth disappeared. Trash cans, garbage trucks, landfills, ditches, and every other place on earth was now free from trash. The world now had a clean refreshing feel to it.
People still accumulated trash, but it vanished before their eyes. An ’87 mustang roared down I-95 and the driver threw his now empty soda can out the window. With a bright flash, it vanished as it hit the ground! This life continued for 40 days and then, on day 41 the largest massacre of human life began. It all started with, The Rain! Slowly but surely a steady downpour began, and after 10 minutes, it was over, or so we thought!
The downpour continued, but was no longer rain water, it was now trash! All of the trash that had once disappeared was now falling down upon the human race. People were being smashed by old cars and furniture. Others were buried in mounds of rotten leftovers, and this great pain continued for another 39 days. 39 more days of people being smothered in animal feces and chocked by pop can dividers. After those 39 days were over, earth was then a planet covered in piles of trash and human bodies. Then, in the blink of an eye, it disappeared. And a new era of human life began, and slowly but surely, the trash built up again. Life went on just like it was before, until… One day, it vanished. Every single piece of trash on earth disappeared.

Cookieluvr said...

First of all, I love the message and think that the idea is very good.

Maybe it's just me, but I thought you could expand on it more, instead of condenscing it so much. Or add more descriptions. But this is very good! And I totally agree with what you said!

Starkmeister said...
Wow!  Futuristic and has such a commentary on humanity and our trashy selves.

WMSAmerica said...
Thought-provoking, my friend! Well done.

natty5 said...

Love the message!

Nesta4evverr said...
Nov. 20, 2011 at 11:45 am
Ohmygawd. This is unbeilevable! AMAZING! I read it to my friend and she didnt say anyting for like 30 seconds. Left her speechless. Amazing jobb! I wish i could write like that. LOL.