A Good-Night Kiss | Teen Ink

A Good-Night Kiss MAG

By Amy Scott BRONZE, Somewhere, Alabama
Amy Scott BRONZE, Somewhere, Alabama

The bitter January wind slaps our faces a deep pink as he slowly opens the door. He walks slightly ahead of me and I follow the footprints he leaves in the snow as we walk down the driveway.

We reach his car; he stops and turns to face me. The moonlight dances across the golden highlights in his hair turning them into a glowing halo that brightens the black of night. His eyes are a deep green, almost brown, and catch mine. His stare burns through my skin straight to my heart. His long, thick fingers lace through mine. He puts his hands around my waist and pulls me close enough to smell his shampoo. The scent is clean, fresh, comforting.

I close my eyes and it engulfs me, swallows me whole. His whiskers tickle my cheek as his lips lightly touch mine. My knees go soft, I have trouble breathing; I can't remember where I am, or what my name is, all I can think of is him.

After a moment, he places his hand on my shoulder and reluctantly pulls himself away telling me he has to go but he had a wonderful time. I want to scream, "Don't go! Stay, even if it's just for a second. Don't let this moment end!" But the words fade before they reach my lips and I am silent. I smile softly as he gets in his car. Our eyes meet in his rearview mirror and he smiles back at me. I wave as he drives down the road. And long after he turns the corner, I'm still standing in the street, waving good-bye.

StarWorks said...
on Nov. 3 2011 at 11:13 am
StarWorks, A, Other
You can describe things very good... I always have trouble with that, that's why I write poetry, not short story pieces or things like that. 5stars for you!

StarWorks said...
on Nov. 3 2011 at 11:12 am
StarWorks, A, Other