The Thing in the Door | Teen Ink

The Thing in the Door

October 9, 2011
By Star_the_fox BRONZE, Narnia, Massachusetts
Star_the_fox BRONZE, Narnia, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Honey badger don't care."


I had just finished off another horror novel when this started. I wish I didn't. Maybe, then, I could have had the chance to escape. I set the book down on my nightstand, and took my glasses off. I curled up, away from the door, and heard some slow footsteps. I thought it was my dad. It walked heavily. The footsteps stopped outside my room, and I heard the door creak open. I don't know why I feigned sleep as the door shut, but I think that I was afraid. Not of the dark, of whatever was in it. It was probably just my dad, but I was unwilling to stare into the eyes of the unknown.
The same thing happened the next night, and the night after that, until I decided to face Thing in The Door with my eyes wides open. The thing in the door was creepy, it scared me, it is the reason I'm bleeding, but I know what it wasn't.

IT WASN'T HUMAN.

I didn't know what it was. It didn't take a definite shape, and was more like a haze with two glowing points in the middle than anything else. It hovered there, and something took hold of me. A desire, to explore the unkinwn, rather than shrink away from it. I walked over to it...

And I saw.

I saw everythign there was to see: THe start of the universe, what would be the end of it, births, events, deaths, blood, love, and eventually, my own headstone. That image rested there, reflecting in its eyes. I gasped, and... And mow, I'm typing up my last words. I'm bleeding, and it hurts, but now I get to see my Mommy again...

Goodbye...

[FBI report, Agent Suzanne McGruvve, 09:32:12. Journal ends here, pages blood spattered.]
The same thing happened the next night, until I decided to face the door with my eyes barley open. The thing in the door was indescribable, except for a single fact:
IT WASN'T HUMAN.
Now, I'm typing up my last words. I'm bleeding, and it hurts, but now I get to see my Mommy again...

Goodbye...


The author's comments:
I was bored when I wrote this.