Pigeonholed

Psst, you, yeah, you.
C’mere a second, I have somethin’ ta tell ya, something that’ll blow your mind outta the water, princess.
Trust me, you’ve never heard this one before.
Lean in close; lemme whisper it inta’ yer ear, soft and sweet.
…Wait… never mind that, ya might actually want ta’ sit down.
Here, park yer seat on this here bench, it might be hard on the posterior, but it’s always been a pal to me, especially on warm summer nights, when spiders are a’prowlin’ in the soft grass. Winter nights, mind you, are a ‘nother story altogether, but it sure beats sleepin’ on the snow.
Ya com-fert-able now? Good, ‘cause like I said, this one’s gonna blow your mind out of the water, I guarantee it.

Life, as you know it, as I know it, as that constable over there eyein’ us all weird knows it, is nothin’ but a dream.
Who’s dream it is, whether it’s yours, mine, all of us together’s, or an a’sleepin’ God’s, is anybody’s guess. (Though, just between you and me, I’m a’guessin’ it’s mine, and let’s hope I don’t wake up anytime soon.)

What? You don’t believe me? Okay, fine, maybe hopin’ the dream is mine was just high as’spire-ations, but the rest of it is true, or could be, anyhow.
Just ask that pigeon over there, he’ll tell you all about it; after all, he’s the one who told me.

In_Love_with_Writing said...
Now this is awesome. I really liked the style of this!! Great job!! Oh and IamtheshyStargirl, can you check out my new story True Beauty?

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Thank you :) Absolutely, thanks for the heads up!

DifferentTeenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oh my that was so intriguing. I loved the style, it's not at all what you'd typically read on here. I could just picture some hobo-ish young man with a hole-y top hat, like that guy from Mary Poppins who cleans chimneys. Maybe its not him, but this just reminds me of some character from a movie. Also its reminds me of Animal Crossing, a mix of Lyle, the busdriver, and Resetti. Haha I'm such a dork. This piece was really cool, I enjoyed it. Good work, keep writing!

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Thank you so much for your in-depth comment! :D I love hearing about what my writing means to my readers personally, thanks again!

wordjunkie said...
This is good! I like the accent in the writing and the way you can't really tell if the speaker is crazy or not. It's fun, and yet still has depth.

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Thanks, wordjunkie :)

Aderes47 replied...

I agree with wordjunkie. :)

Life sometimes feels like a very, long crazy dream. Maybe that's all what it is. 

Maybe when we die, the first thing we do is sit down and tell an angel about it. 

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

That sounds very Inception-y :D What do you think the meaning of life is, Aicha?

Thanks for commenting, this is one of my favorite pieces, and it means much to me that you like it :)

Aderes47 replied...

I really want to see Inception, just never got the chance.

I think the meaning of life is to find your true passion, your true love and to have children and to become closer to God.

You are so very welcome, good friend. :)

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 19, 2011 at 7:38 am
Very nice! I loved your colloquialism and it being all in dialogue, yet you still showed us the details. Overall, it's a very well-written flash fiction 5/5

IamtheshyStargirl replied...

Thankee prettily, Leafy :)

To be quite honest, I've never heard of flash fiction, would you care to illuminate me?

leafyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
You're welcome! And yah, flash fiction is an even shorter version of a short story, often it doesn't have a definite plot, it's a detailed description with lots of imagery and symbolism, a conversation, etc :)

IamtheshyStargirl replied...
Oh, that makes a lot of sense, cool :)