Upside Down | Teen Ink

Upside Down

By Brin11 BRONZE, Gilmer, Texas
Brin11 BRONZE, Gilmer, Texas

Unfortunately or not, world has turned upside down. But upside down could be a very good thing.
Depends on the state of your life before this tremendous alteration. If bad luck and problems and despair were the notorious themes of your life, upside down would be a blessing. It would be a welcomed change. You may actually win a lottery now. Or a Bingo game.
If, however, you were in the prime of your life and everything, including your family relations and birthday presents, ,is going absolutely perfectly, upside down might be rather a shock of cold water frightening you awake after the most wonderful dream.
I only have one problem. I don’t remember the time before this ungravitational experience and I can’t decide whether it is good or bad. Was I having the best of times or the worst of times before? I suppose, unless some rare item or person were to suddenly and overwhelmingly remind me of my previous life, I will never know and therefore it doesn’t matter what went on then. Unless I had made an enemy I’d rather not cross paths with.
On the contrary, it may be best to decide that things were going horribly because now things must change and start going very well. Indeed, it would, at the very least, give me a decidedly positive outlook on life, which might increase my chances of it actually happening. Then again, if my life before had been going very nicely, maybe I should concentrate my efforts on reflipping my world again and going back.
But that seems so difficult and such a waste of precious time so,
for now,
I’ll stay in my world,
Upside Down

(Note this was supposed to be written upside down, but Word Doc. doesn’t have the capability)

yuka11 SILVER said...
on Sep. 15 2011 at 8:17 pm
yuka11 SILVER, Gilmer, Texas

"For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads." -Doctrine and Covenants 25:12

I like how random it is. My favorite phrase? "Or a Bingo game". Very philosophical.