another chapter of The Chronicles of Serenity and Saber | Teen Ink

another chapter of The Chronicles of Serenity and Saber

August 13, 2011
By thfitz2416 GOLD, Pullman, Michigan
thfitz2416 GOLD, Pullman, Michigan
15 articles 0 photos 3 comments

The movie was an hour and a half long and every minute of it was filled with funniness. It definitely was the comedy of the century as all the critics had said it would be. We left an hour and a half later still laughing. As soon as we got out I turned on my phone and realized I had quite a few voicemails from my father. When I listened to them they were all pretty much the same thing and the laughter from the movie quickly died away as I listened to each of them, a wave of horror hit me and I felt nauseous, I heard someone in the background calling my name as I tried to walk and my legs buckled and I was on the ground and had almost fainted. Alex dropped to his knees in front of me, holding me by my shoulders he looked in my eyes and asked what had happened. So I told him everything my father had told me. When I reached the end Alex looked sad and upset too. We had to start searching right away my father insisted. And so we got up and started driving around with no lead. For my mother had went missing, and there was a definite sign of a struggle. As soon as I was told I knew what had happened, the Watchers somehow got a hold of my mother and taken her for bait. No matter how many problems I had with her she was still my mother, and I took the bait.


When we pulled into the driveway a half hour later from just looking around in hope she had tossed things around and then went walking. We, of course, had no luck so we returned back to my families cabins where we found two police cars in the driveway. Saber and my father were leaning against one talking to the sheriff. Dad had a tear stained face and Saber looked fear-stricken and nauseous. Alex reached to my hand for comfort but I hadn’t taken it and half walked-half jogged to my brother. As I neared he looked up and seen me approaching, there was a look in his eyes that said he knew something the others did not and he needed to tell me as soon as possible. The sheriff must’ve seen Saber look at me because he abruptly stopped talking and looked my way. He took his hat off in a chivalrous way and looked at me with sympathy.

“I’m taking it this is your daughter Jack?” he asked, not taking his eyes off of me, “hello there Alex, nice to see you in these dark times,” Alex jerked his head in a quick polite nod but did not say a word.

“What’s going on?” I asked, “Do you have any leads? Do you have a search party going on?” I was more worried and upset than I thought I’d ever be if something like this had happened.

“No ma’am I’m afraid we have no leads, but we have a search party looking right now, they lost the trail somewhere in the woods about a mile back. Looks like whoever took her headed out there and was prepared for this, there were tire marks of what we believe to be an escape vehicle, an off road like a quad or something small. They have yet to pick up the trail again but half the police squad is out there right now looking for her and we are almost certain we will be back on the trail or have found her by the time night falls.” He looked extremely sympathetic as he told me this. Behind him, I had seen Saber go a whitish-green. The sheriff started to say something else to me but I pushed through him and walked over to my family whispered something in Sabers ear about going somewhere private and discussing what he knew that no one else seemed to know. Saber nodded behind me, I was just about to look behind me as a familiar pair of arms slid around my waist and the familiar seductive voice whispered in my ear. I shot a questioning glance at Saber and he sighed. He had wanted to talk to me alone but he knew Alex would end up finding out anyways so he just shrugged and gestured for us to follow him.

When we were far enough away from my dad and the police officer we stopped and Saber turned and looked at us, “so I’m sure you both already know who took her and why. But we need to know where. Correct?” Alex and I both nodded, I seen a quick flash of something in Sabers eyes that I felt were more towards Alex than anyone else. Alex didn’t seem to notice though so I left it alone as well.

“And I’m guessing you know where they took her?” I asked, hoping he knew, as I awaited his answer my hands were clenching and unclenching in nervousness and anxiety. Alex gave me a small squeeze trying to reassure me that things were going to be okay. Then he dropped my hands and came to stand where I could see him properly. Saber nodded as an answer to my question. But instead of saying anything he handed me a neatly folded up note, automatically I knew who it was from and hastily unfolded it tearing it a tiny bit in the process. My eyes darted from left to right reading the note. When I finished it my eyes were wide and face paled to the color of the paper I was holding. For then I realized something that had been in front of me the entire time. A shiver went down my back,

“So the place we are going is the campground we were supposed to go to tomorrow anyways?” I asked looking Saber in the eyes to let him know I understood what he was trying to get at. Then I smiled a halfhearted smile, and turned to Alex, “so looks like you’re going to have to go with us to retrieve our mother beings you are the only person that I know other than the Watchers that know where this place is, are you willing to face the big guys?” I asked in a half joking way. He smiled a small tight smile and said yes that of course he would help us. With that we walked into the cabin and started planning what we were going to do and exactly how we were going to retrieve my mother. Of course we were all going on guesses but we had the Watchers figured out for quite some time and they sometimes were quite predictable. What we didn’t know was that they weren’t as stupid and low in numbers as predicted and we were in for quite the surprise as we ventured out to the camp.