Season Skip | Teen Ink

Season Skip

By RemyMarin BRONZE, Mansfield, Connecticut
RemyMarin BRONZE, Mansfield, Connecticut

"You really should read more books. You know, those things that look like blocks, but come open on one side."
"I only write when i'm inspired, and I make sure i'm inspired at 9 o'clock every morning."
-Peter DeVries

I walk down the beach on the hot sand. It gets inside my flip-flops and burns my feet. The sun beats down on my bare shoulders as I start to run towards the cool ocean. I kick off my shoes and splash in-

-to a snowdrift. I shiver, the mind-numbing cold chilling me to the bone, despite my many layers of warm clothes. The snow continues to fall, and I fall too, making a perfect snow angel. I smile as the little dancing flakes fall from the-

-tree. Leaves crunch under my toes as I wiggle them. I watch the last crisp red leaf fall from the branch. The wind starts to blow and all the trees begin to dance. I join in, twirling, and twisting, and spinning, finally jumping into a-

-mud puddle. I giggle as the mud splashes everywhere. The rain that patters down on my umbrella rolls down and drips off the edge. I throw it away, giving it to the wind, and run in the beauty of the seasons.

Remember that everything’s just beautiful. No matter what season you’re in, remember.

The change from summer, to winter, to fall, to spring, was fun to write! Sorry if the last paragraph is corny. I couldn't just end it without a ending paragraph (duh).