My Love Story | Teen Ink

My Love Story

They had dated once before, it was just a 7th grade crush. It lasted less than a week. But one night in November, Ellie was with her friends when she saw Shawn. She knew she wanted to secretly kiss him. So she turned to her friends.
“Hey, Janie you dare me to kiss Shawn?”
“Oh my god, that would be so funny.” Janie replied.
“Jeez I’m so nervous. What if he freaks out or something?” Ellie giggled nervously.
“Don’t worry Ellie it will be fine, trust…. Oh. Hey, Shawn.”
“Hey, girls. So whatcha talking about?” Shawn looked at Ellie and smiled.
“Nothing really, but I think Ellie has something she needs to tell you. So we will leave you two alone.” She winked at Ellie. “Come on Isabella let’s get something to eat and leave these love birds alone.”
“You two have fun now,” giggled Isabella.
“So, what did you want to tell me?”
“It’s not what I want to tell you, it’s more of what I want to do.”
“I’m confused. I don’t know what you…” Ellie kissed Shawn.
“Wow that was amazing.” Ellie smiled then ran to catch up with her friends.
That was when Ellie was 15 and Shawn was 14. It’s now graduation and they are still together. Everyone took their seats. Parents had cameras and cam quarters, once and awhile you would see the flash go off as they called the names of the graduates. Ellie and Shawn awaited their turn as they sat next to each other holding hands. Shawn’s name was called first. He kissed Ellie on the cheek and got up to receive his diploma. When he stood up on that stage Ellie was filled with happiness. She was so proud of him. He had always been an A student while she had always been a C. He asked the principle if he could say something. She so thoughtfully agreed. He grabbed the microphone and looked out into the crowd.
He smiled at Ellie and said “Today is the day that we all graduate.” There was a roar through the crowd as everyone cheered. “Now I want you all to know that I would and could not be here today if it wasn’t for my beautiful girlfriend, Ellie. Ellie I want you to know that you are the light of my life. I love you with all my heart and I want to spend forever with you in my arms. Ellie will you marry me?”
Ellie broke down in tears. Everyone moved out of the way as Ellie ran through the isles to the front stage. She ran up the stairs and into his arms.
“Of course I’ll marry you, Shawn.”
“I love you so much.”
The couple planned to get married in the spring of the following year. They went to different colleges. He went to a college in Florida and she went to one in New York. They talked every night on the phone for hours. They E-mailed, talked on AIM and messaged on Myspace. They made sure to always see each other whenever they had a week or two off. He was supposed to go and see her duing Easter break. She called and told him she needed him to come see her on their next week off. She was planning on telling him that she was pregnant. He had news to tell her too. She drove to the airport to meet him. She ran into his arms while he held her close and kissed her softly. Then they walked to the car to drive back to her apartment.
“So, what was the great news you said you had to tell me.” He asked impatiently.
“Just wait and see. I’ll tell you when we get back to my apartment. But what was it that you had to tell me?” Ellie looked at him and smiled but Shawn wasn’t smiling back.
“Honey, what’s wrong.” She asked sadly.
“If yours can wait until we get back to your place then mine can wait too.”
“Okay.” She replied sadly.
After the conversation in the car the couple didn’t speak in the car the rest of the way. They soon arrived at Ellie’s apartment. She had a surprise waiting for him inside. They walked inside and the table was set with plates, silverware, fancy napkins and candles. The floor was covered with white and pink rose petals that lead a path to the bedroom.
“Wow, this is amazing baby. You put a lot of thought into this didn’t you?”
Ellie just smiled and replied, “Yea it took me awhile. I had your brother help me cook the meal. I love you.” She grabbed his hand and looked into his eyes. He pulled his hand away and just looked at her.
“Honey, what’s wrong?” She asked nervously.

“We really need to talk Ellie.”

“Shawn, I don’t like the way that sounds.”

“Ellie let me finish. We live really far away and we hardly see each other.”

Ellie fell to her knees begging Shawn not to do what he was headed to do.

“Ellie, get off the floor. Don’t do this. You’re only making it harder on yourself. I met a girl and I love her, Ellie. You have to learn to move on. It’s not the end of the world. There are plenty of other guys out there that would love to be with you. I’m just not one of them. Good-bye Ellie.” He walked out never turning back, and never knowing that Ellie was 3 months pregnant.

Ellie spent the next 3 and a half weeks crying herself to sleep. She called him, but he never called her back. She messaged him and he told her to leave him alone and he blocked her. She had no place else to go. She had lost connection with her best friend, Janie when she decided to go to college in Texas. She had hoped her cell phone still had the same number. She grabbed the phone off the jack, laid on the couch and dialed Janie’s number.

“Hello?” said a voice on the other end. “Hello?”

“Janie?”

“Who is this?” The voice replied.

“Janie, its Ellie.”

“Oh my God. Ellie class of 07?” The voice asked.

“Yes, of course it’s me Janie. I need to see you. I need your help, Janie.”

“Do you still live in New York?” Janie asked.

“Yes, why?”

“While I’m in New York visiting my parents. If you give me your address I’ll come right over.”

Ellie gave Janie her address and cell phone number in case she got lost. Soon after they got off the phone there was a knock on the door. Ellie yelled for the person to come in.

“Oh my God, Ellie. Honey, you don’t look so good.”

Ellie got up to give Janie a hug. Janie stood there and looked at Ellie.

“Ellie, are you pregnant?” She was so surprised.

“Yea, that’s why I need you. I don’t know what to do.”

“While first of all do you know who the father is? Is it Shawn?

“Yea, but he doesn’t know. And he’s not going too. He left me a month ago because he met some girl at college.”

Janie had already been out of college for a few months. She moved in with Ellie so she could help when the baby was born. Ellie never thought that she would be having twins but she soon found out she was having two perfectly healthy baby girls. They were born on November 25th, 2009; four years to the day they shared their first kiss. She named them Lillian May and Destiny Anne.

Years later, the 5 year class reunion was approaching. It took a lot of convincing from Janie to get Ellie to go. She knew that Shawn would be there and she didn’t want to face him. They arrived at the reunion and Shawn was no where to be found. Others said that he had a big company meeting and couldn’t miss it.

It has now been 6 months since the reunion. Ellie and Janie were at the mall shopping with Lilly and Destiny because they start school in less than a month. Ellie accidentally bumped into a young man. She turned around to apologize and when they made eye contact she knew it was Shawn and he knew it was Ellie.

“Ellie?” He asked surprised.

“Shawn?” She asked back

He smiled. “Wow, you look great. And I see that you’re married and have two beautiful girls. Oh my Gosh. Is that Janie?”

“Hi, Shawn.” She said disgustedly. “Ellie, I’m gonna take the girls to get shoes. I’ll let you guys talk it seems like you two have a lot to talk about.” Janie took the girls to get shoes.

“Actually, it may sound a little pathetic but I’m not married. The ring on my finger is the one you proposed to me with the day we graduated almost 6 years ago. I guess I just never really forgot about you. I know I sound so pathetic.”

“It’s okay. I never forget about you either. I broke up with you that girl I dated for like 3 weeks and when I tried to call you it said that the number had been disconnected.”

“Yea, after I found out I was pregnant I moved in with Janie. I had Lillian and Destiny. So then we moved to a bigger place.”

“How old are Lillian and Destiny? Do you even know who the father is if your not married?”

“Yea, they will be 5 years old in November. And the father is you.”

jobros4eva said...
on Nov. 24 2011 at 10:02 am

PLEASE DON'T READ THIS. YOU WILL BE KISSED ON THE NEAREST FRIDAY BY THE ONE YOU LOVE. NOW YOU'VE STARTED READING THIS SO DON'T STOP.

THIS IS REALLY FREAKY!!!

1)say your name 10 times

2)say your mom's name 5 times

3)say your crush's name 3 times

4)paste this on 4 other posts. if you do this your crush will kiss you on the nearest friday. if you don't do this after reading this you will get bad luck

send this to 4 other post in 143 minutes when done press F6 and the name of your crush will appear on the screen in big letters