City Street This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

A woman swam elegantly towards me through the crowdedstreet. She had long black hair, pale skin, and was wearing a dark and flowingdress that swirled in the river around her. She flickered between beauty andugliness as she moved. A mirage of the city streets. A bent-over man clinging tothe island of a storefront watched her pass. I suspected he had a glass eye, foronly one eye moved to follow her. In his hand the man held a long piece of dirtyrope. This rope was a leash for a small and excited dog who dipped in and out ofthe current in a frenzy. He made attempts to nip at the heels of the many fishwho darted by. I shied away from the tiny creature as I passed. In doing so Ibumped into a large woman doing the backstroke in a business suit and pumps. Shescowled at me with all her authority. "Sorry," I mumbled. She sped awayand I continued my slow fight upstream.

Lily">This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 8 at 5:52 am
i love this !