His nonexistant presence part 1

"I just want to be your friend" He often said sadly to himself.
No one turned to listen though because he was no one. A misguided shadow with a lost voice, who was he to turn to? Always by someone's side, but never noticed because people were used to his nonexistent presence. Quite an oxymoron. Words like "creep," "freak," "shy," and even words like "psychotic" and "delinquent" were common names he heard others call him. He was just a boy who wanted a friend or two. He wanted people to actually care and acknowledge his presence. This desire made him go to extreme lengths when he failed.When he was sent to the institution, they couldn't get him to speak. He would throw tantrums where the nurses would often enter his room to find dents on the door. In the middle of the night, he would wake up screaming of night terrors and screamed "go away." That's the only sound that ever escaped his lips. He was required to go to weekly therapy sessions which he never partook in. It was basically a sleep session for the doctor. One day, he finally began to speak his mind and that was the day that everything changed. . .