Never Change | Teen Ink

Never Change

By KatrinaCampbell GOLD, Aguadilla, Other
KatrinaCampbell GOLD, Aguadilla, Other

When God answers your prayers, you have faith in His abilities. When He doesn't, he has faith in YOUR abilities!

This is hard for me, so I’m sorry if I stutter. I’ll probably make weird hand movements and look anywhere but your eyes. But this needs to come out, because if I don’t do it now I probably never will. I don’t care how long it takes.

How are you? There, that wasn’t so bad. I didn’t melt, or burst into flames like Marilyn Manson at an exorcism. Yeah, sorry. Not a good time for humor. But I don’t really have much else at this point. I don’t really know what to talk about with a guy who I haven’t made eye contact with for nearly a year. World peace? God, there I go again. Sorry. I can’t help it. That was always one of my flaws, I’m never able to be straight with you. You know that, right? At least you did. A year ago. When you were my best friend. Just like I know that you snort when you laugh, that you never want to be like your dad who abandoned your family, and that your brother Chris’ ex-girlfriend was a b-word. I know those things haven’t changed, it’s who you are. But I don’t know if your favorite food is still pizza. I have no idea if you still don’t know what you want to do with your life. I knew, but not anymore. I don’t know you anymore. Do the same things still make you tick? Do you still think the jokes I told are funny? Please tell me. I miss you so much, just so you know. I want to know you again.

I’ve changed a lot, just in case you’re wondering. My parents and I get along so much better now. I don’t want to go to the same college I did before. And I don’t want 5 kids anymore, good God! After seeing my 2 new cousins…Oh yeah! Remember how I was always complaining about not having cousins? You can forget everything I’ve ever said about that. I’m pretty sure my attitude changed to. I’m not as focused on winning or as competitive as I used to be. I’m a lot more…how did you say it? Flowy. I’ve started wearing make-up to. You would have noticed if you ever bothered to actually talk to me anymore. But that’s not your fault, I’d ignore me to after what I did. My other friends and I have changed to. You helped with that, in your own special way. After you left, I held onto them more tightly. I was kinder, and more attuned to emotions. I’ve grown with them.

But I’m still the same in a lot of ways. I still want to be a writer, and have a family. I still love God. I’m still socially backward and have an uncanny talent for saying the perfectly wrong thing at the wrong time. I still head-bang to country music. I should probably stop rambling now. That’s a habit of mind I’ve never been able to break. But before I go, and probably back to the way things were a couple minutes ago, I just need to tell you this one thing. If you’ll let me, that is. I really hope you haven’t changed too much. You were such a good person, with a good and loving soul. I hope you stay happy, and remain the perfect and charming boy, and man now I suppose, that you are. Because even though I’ve changed, there’s one central and integral part of me that never ever will. I was, still am, and most likely forever will be, completely in love with you. So, if you could do one last thing for me, please never change.

Sometimes, love doesn't change.

KatrinaCampbell GOLD, Aguadilla, Other

It went okay, we're not best friends or anything, but we wave and don't outwardly avoid each other anymore, hehe

writer015 GOLD said...
on Jul. 22 2011 at 9:07 am
writer015 GOLD, Howard, Ohio

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. " --Marianne Williamson

I hope so to! Just thinking about it makes me nervous.
Awh really? Did it go well?

on Jul. 22 2011 at 6:56 am
KatrinaCampbell GOLD, Aguadilla, Other

I hope that goes well! I actually did get around to saying this to that guy, though not in this sort of monologue form, and not the last part, lol XD

writer015 GOLD said...
writer015 GOLD, Howard, Ohio

Thats akward! This reminds me of Taylor Swift's song The Story of Us.

And I am trying to get brave enough to say this to "that guy" for me lol.

KatrinaCampbell GOLD, Aguadilla, Other

It was inspired one day after I got paired up for a science lab with said "guy", and we had to make awkward small talk. This was what I wanted to say to him :)

KatrinaCampbell GOLD, Aguadilla, Other

Nope, this is straight out of my journal :)

writer015 GOLD said...
on Jul. 21 2011 at 9:45 am
writer015 GOLD, Howard, Ohio

Yeah I was actually reminded of myself when I write in my journal. Your really brave to post this on here. Did you switch anything up or just leave it the way it was?

on Jul. 21 2011 at 7:57 am
KatrinaCampbell GOLD, Aguadilla, Other

Wow, thank you so much :D This was actually a diary entry that I decided would make a good article, hehe, so I'm glad you can feel the emotions I was having when I was writing :)

writer015 GOLD said...
writer015 GOLD, Howard, Ohio

Oh. My. Goodness. I LOVED this! Its probably sounds soooo much like myself (the loving God part, saying the wrong thing at the wrong time, and espically the rambling part I do that all the time) and this is exactly what I want to say to "that boy" for me. Of course with a few plot twists. But you captured the feelings and everything so well. They should put this in the magazine! <3!